Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Price paid: € 450

I play rock, grunge, some metal, and hardrock of all kind, mostly Nirvana, Guns N' Roses and Bullet for my Valentine. I also play in a band that plays just that styles of music I just named. When I'm playing with the band I play the guitar through a Randall RH100 with the matching cabinet(or what it is called), and when I'm home play I it through either a Line6 spiderIV15, or a Roland Microcube, and it sounds very, very good through all the amps. One thing I don't like with it is that the guitar is actually a little noisy, and because of my neck pick-up got broken, and I haven't bought a new one yet, so I can only play on the treble. This guitar has a big variety of sounds, before the neck pick-up got broken I could play alot of different music styles, everything from blues and jimi Hendrix rock to Hardcore metal, so it's a big variety of sounds, and very nice and deep sustain.

The guitar comes very good together with Nirvana and Guns N' Roses styled music, and it okay when playing metal. I wish I had asked about the intonation and how much the price of it was when he bought it, because I don't know but I think I payed pretty much the same price as the price in a store. I've been playing for 4 years or something, going through 4 electric guitar I think, and this one is the best I've owned. One thing I love about it is the sustain of the body, and that it is a Les Paul makes me love even more, because I think it's a nice model, but the body weights pretty much but it's okay. If this guitar was stolen, I would probably buy a Gibson instead, much because they're better in kin of many ways, but it's a great guitar for being an Epiphone and for the pretty low price.

This guitar works pretty good live, I've only been played it live for 3 times yet, but it keeps pretty good, except that when you tune it down, it loses the tuning fast. The hardware keeps good even if I treat it hard, so I think it will make more gigs without getting broken, the only thing that have got bad with the hardware was that dthe saddle cracked into two pieces, but it did get fixed very easy in the store. The strap buttons seems very solid and haven't failed any time yet. I depend on this guitar pretty much, and the times I've played live with it, ihaven't have any backup guitar with me, mostly because my other guitar is'nt pretty good, but I haven't need one eihter so it's goes on fine lat gigs. The finish seems very solid, but at the side of the body it have went off a little because I crushed it into a microphone stand by accident, but the rest of the finsih is good.

When I bought the guitar it was pretty good set-up, and for being used it was extremly nice without any flaws, scratches or anything like that, unfortantly I've made it bad through the time I have owned it.. But however, one thing that wasn't very well set-up was the bridge, and it wasn't good intonated at all, but it's easy to fix. Everything was good about it before I got it, now it's pretty worn-out, because I play every day, and play with the band, but the body is so solid, and all the mechanics almost also so it works fine.

I bought this guitar from a guy who sold it used, so I don't know which year or where it was made. But it's a great guitar for the price, and for being an Epiphone I think it's very good. It is a 22 fret neck, and I think the fretboard is made in rosewood. It is a solid top guitar made in mahogany, and the neck is also made in mahogany. It is flamed cherry top, and it looks very very beatiful. It's a tune O' matic bridge, and the guitar is equipped with two Alnico V humbuckers, and they sound pretty good. It's very the same as the Gibson Les Paul in my opinion with the setup and so on, only that this guitar is not the same good as the Gibsons, but for the price it's nice.