Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Price paid: £ 399.99

Purchased from: GAK

Amazing sound. Warm tone when using rythm or halfway between rythm and treble. Clear and clean when in treble. Use a Microcube and mostly on black panel with full volume and half distortion sounds great for songs like stairway to heaven and D'yer Make'r. Best fits somebody who likes classic rock style and jazz not really that good for metal but can work for metal as well.

Playing for 6 years. Style: all styles great match guitar. Own 3 Acoustic guitars. I would buy this again if lost of stolen. I love its looks and sounds I hate its weight if it weighed less it would be better. B ut apparantley weight is good in a guitar. Fav feature would be the treble/rythm flick switch. Great instrument for serious players who can't afford expensive gibsons or are young like me.

I would use this in any gig without backup. I would reccomend changing the top e string regularly though. Amazing strenght nio need for a hard case it is ridicliously hard and tougfh an amzing instrument every guitarist should hve this. 20 more characters.

NO flaws as far as I can see yet. Absolutely perfect. Works like a dream. Hahaha.

22 frets. Les Paul body style. Sorry don't know what the rest of the features mean.

Cool_7_dude5
    This guitar to me is not bad bad but if you are looking for a reliable good sounfing guitar i don't think it is it. I tried many epiphone out at a music store and they sounded like my 200 dollar guitar. I then played a standard tele and found it was much more worth it to buy the tele
    MaggaraMarine
    People should stop saying that Epi is better than Gibson. You just don't compare them!! Different price range.
    MaggaraMarine
    WTF are some reviews talking about? Active electronics? If it had actives you would need a battery. And many guys are saying that it was made in USA. No way. Gibsons are made in USA not Epis. And you can check where it was made from the back of the headstock. Mine says: Hand crafted in China. BTW: Just a question about the serial number. Are the first numbers those who say when it was made? Mine says EE071007079 so it was made in 2007?
    evileenz
    like all les pauls this guitar is too neck heavy I owned one of these guitars for three months and I couldn't wait to get rid of it, if you must get a lp save up for a gibson as the sound of epi lps are weak