Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound on this LP is amazing. I put it against my buddies Gibson LP Standard, first week I had it. Both running out of a Marshall halfstack. I matched him almost tone for tone. [He has hotter leads due to slightly better pickups] but they sound they same. A little adjusting with my pickups and you almost couldn't tell the difference. Trust me I been playing 7 yrs. No unwanted noises from the pots or switches. I little fret buzz when I first put on the Ernie Ball strings. But that's easily fixable. I play everything from Neil Young to renditions of Gnarls Barkley to Rage Against The Machine to AC/DC to blues. This guitar covers them all without fail. In my opinion this is the most versatile guitar on the planet

Overall my LP is the perfect guitar for me. It covers all my musical ranges. Has great action, sturdy construction, great sound clean or distorted. This is something to hand down to my son when he starts to play. If it where stolen I would definitely buy another one.

Like I said I play out with this guitar every week. I've had it for almost two yrs now and its been out everyweek since the first one. As it is my only guitar. I have to gig without a back up. But she hasn't failed me yet. And I'm not expecting her to any time soon. The hardware is sturdy and the nickle plating still looks damn good. I replaced the strap buttons with strap locks. The stap fell off in the first six months. Wore out quick and they didn't put the stap button on the right angle by the neck[cause that's where all LP slip from] so I bought some strap locks for it. Now she don't go nowhere I don't want her to.

The action from the factory was perfect. Alot better then I expected. Better than some of my friends more expensive guitars. Pickups needed adjusting but that's personal preference. I like both of my pickups a little higher than most. But right out of the box, I couldn't hear anything wrong. They really screemed. This guitar is solid, heavy, everything an LP should be. I play out with it everyweek. Have gotten alot of complements on it. Knocked it around a couple times[after a couple drinks]. Took the lickin and wont stop tickin. I've read alot of bad reviews about these guitars. Just remember this. PLAY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT. I got home with this one and took the pick gaurd off to find a tiny little mar in the finish. Not a big deal to me, my hand covers it. But had it come from the factory like that. I might have sent it back.

2010 Japan made Epiphone LP Stardard left handed in ebony. 22 jumbo frets. Rosewood fret board. Alder neck. Mahogany/alder body.grover tuners. Factory everything[tuners, pots, switches, pickups] everything but strings. Strings are Ernie Ball regular slinky 10's.