Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: guitartrader.com

I play punk, grunge, new rock, rap rock, classic rock, you get the idea. This thing sounds perfect for anything from Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave, Blink-182, or The Beatles to Led Zepplin or Linkin Park. I am an Epiphone fanatic so I use an Epi stereo chorus amp (which is awesome too go buy it for $200), a cry baby, Boss DS1, my amp chorus, Ibanez chorus/flanger tonelok, DOD Grunge, Dano Tunamelt Tremolo. They all sound incredible with this axe. Well they're all great pedals anyway they rock with my other Epis and my fenders too. This LP sounds perfect! Rich, full, bright, thick, it can do it all. No wonder Les Pauls are the most popular guitars ever. Strats blow, and Gibsons are exactly the same as Epi's except they have better pups which can be easily fixed. However these pups sound incredible. I feel like I won the lottery for budget guitars.

I've been playing for nearly 10 years and I own 5 other Epi's- DOT, Supernova, Riviera, Casino, and acoustic PR-350CE. They are all excellent guitars. Compare them to Gibson - Epi is the BEST value. Even if I could afford a Gibson I wouldn't buy one I would buy 3 Epi's instead because they're better value and equal quality- plus most Epi's SAY Ggibson on the headstock. I also have a Fender Jaguar and Jag-Stang. They're OK If you play a Strat you don't know what you're missing. Drop that POS (unless its a highway Fat Strat) and buy an Epi they are made better and sound better. Get a hollowbody Casino (that's my favorite guitar ever) or an LP. Get the LP Plus if you can.

This guitar is so solid (unlike any Fender I've touched) It should withstand anything you can throw at it. Very solid and a bit lighter that the regular LP standards so it is very easy to gig with. No backups needed unless you're paranoid or use different guitars for different songs or tunings.

The guitar came in the box set up perfectly except the neck pup needed to be raised quite a bit but that was just a turn of a screwdriver and BAM no prob. The top was perfectly and beautifully finished and bookmatched. Honeyburst is gorgeus! Not a single flaw on the thing - standard epi quality.

2004 Chinese made, 22 frets, carved flamed maple top, 2v2t 3way, HH, Honeyburst finish (Beautiful!), Standard Les Paul features except for the flamed maple top and for some reason mine came with chrome grover tuners which is so awesome since I thought it came with standard Epi tuners. Came with warranty and cable.