Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: hammersound

The sound out of it is quite good but not amazin for my style of music it is good coz im into grunge (grunge is not dead), I stick into my amp via a distortion pedal coz thats all I need, don't need none of this digi-tech pedal crap. It can be very scratchy if you know wot I mean wen it comes to stickin it on the distortion pedal and on treble (and ure gonna think wot a c--k of course it will, I know it will but this is more than usual.) The Les Has quite a rich sound from it though wen you playin melow tunes. Theres not much variety with the sounds u can make with it most unfortunately fo all you effects fiends out there. I personally love this guitar but it could do with some extra add-ons (like a fikken whammy bar).

My overall impression of this is that if you want a guitar that is gonna satisfy your grunge guitarist needs then this is the kiddie for you. If this got stolen I would hunt the bugger down and kill him slowly with a spoon, if I lost this I would buy another one. Theres is one thing I hate bout this guitar. Its too damn heavy. When I was buyin this guitar it was either this or a Vintage SG I chose this because it's not as top heavy as an SG. There you go folks I would advise this as a good buy.

You will get this guitar with a scratch plate if you take it off your'e not gonna scratch the surface, this surface is so very resiliant it aint gonna chip easy either. I've played this at a gig recently and I didn't take a back up and it was fine no problems what so ever.

To kinda sum this section up these guitars don't come from the warehouse with anythin wrong with them, the guitar was perfect the neck is nicely set into the body jst far enough for it to be comftable to reach the 22nd fret. There is only one upset, you have your pick-up selector see and theres rightin on it now this rubbs off really easy so be careful round it.

Not too sure bout the year ppl but it was made in Korea? Lol well see I decided to get this becuase I'm jst not rich enough to buy I real Gibson, it's got 22 frets which is a let down, this baby is laminated top, it got the usual 3 way pickup selector, not too sure bout the pickup config but there standard Epiphone pickups and theres 2 of the buggers, as usual the whole guitar (other than the metal parts!) Are made of a grade A mahogany, its hard to explain the finish on this all I can say is if u look at Slash's Les Paul in the vid for Sweet Child, its that colour. Its cut away like the decent Les Paul's, non-lockin Epiphone tuners with the neck it is reasuringly thick and heavy, got a gig bag wit it but that was it.