Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: sounds great music

I think this guitar suits any music style, but I think it best suits my style hard rock meets punk rock. I have a Peavey Backstage 50 but I don't have any effects becuase I think you should be able to get your guitar good with out using effects. The humbuckers don't really suit the clean channel which doesn't bother me cos I'm a distortion addict. I'll even use metallica sounding distortion on Red Hot Chili Peppers songs! The guitar to me has enogh variety of sound cos I usually only use sound sounds boring but its not. For others it may not have enough variety because it only has a 3-way Switch selctor. If you like playing about with a few tones, this guitar's for you. If your so bothered about having a loud of tones, save your money and go buy some effects pedals.

The 'Les Paul' will suit any stlye of music, so you be a shity Mcfly player or be a hard rocking stadium killer like Metallica. I play hard rock/punk rock and I couldn't wish for a better match. If you find one let me know at SHANEMCARDLE@aol.com (he's my dad). I've been playing since I was 11 (Don't be fooled by my lack of experience. If you heard me play you'd think I've playing for years. Thats what my bass player thought when he first heard me.) I used to own a starmaker Strat(quier)and a weststone thunder one(completely wrecked.) At the moment I own a Peavey Backstage 50 amp and a Peavey lead (don't get one, there crap.) When I was in the shop I asked every question possible. I wanted the right guitar for me. If someone stole it I would definatley buy a new one straight away. I love this guitar. The only thing bad is when the you get to the 16th fret the neck widens making it harder for you to play your Metallica solos. If I had a signiture model(life goal)I would have it join the body later on so I have easier reach to the higher frets. My favorite feature is probly the H/H set up because it gives you that real rock tone. When I trying them out I compared it to: Prs Tremonti, Epiphone ES-335 studio, Ibanez sa-120 etc. I chose this guitar because the others didn't really have the punch I was looking for. I wish it had a thinner neck at the 16th fret for easier reach to the higher frets. If you need a new guitar, love rock, love personnel tone, this guitar is for you.

This guitar would clear up any gig, any time, any place. The hardware is in perfect condition and I think it will last ages. The strap buttons are solidly fixed. I trust them not to drop my precious. In fact I trust them so much I would hold my guitar over a building by the strap. I would never bring a back up guitar couse at the moment were doing contests limited to a 3 song set. I'm 13 well 14 soon, but if we ever did a 18 song set it wouldn't matter, this guitarwould stand a 1000 song set without failing on me. The finish is unbeliveable. It won't budge. I put a sticker on it, I couldn't get it off. When I did not even a bit of the polish had come off. If the paint eventually came of I would definately get it refinished.

The guitar was set up really well and the action is great. Everything is in perfect position. But because its second hand, 2 of the controls knobs were chipped but I got them replaced.

This is my first review, so be gentle. I bought this second hand because I didn't have enough for a new one. I think it is a 1998 model but I could be wrong. The fretboard is rosewood and its got 22 frets with them cool block style fret markers. The guitar itself is made from mahogany and it has quilted kind of honeyburst paint job. The neck is rosewood but I could be wrong. Well the title is 'Epiphone Les Paul' so its not to hard to work out the body style. The bridge is a stop tail bridge and looks mint. I think it has active electronics. Theres 1 volume and 3 controls knobs near the bridge and a 3-way Switch selector near the first humbucker. I have no idea on what make the pick-ups and the tuners (non-locking) are. They're probly just the ones that come with the guitar from the factory. But its second hand so I could be very wrong. I didn't get any accessories with it all cos I already have the basic stuff.