Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Well I play rock music in general except death metal, black metal, nu-metal and other rock music like these. I almost play classic rock, grunge, punk rock, power metal like Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Sound Garden, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Weezer etc. I use only a practice amp a Roland Cube 15 altough its very good indeed for me its the best 15watts amp in the world! Settings: treble: 10, middle: 3 and bass: 0, gain 5 with distortion. I don't use any pedals or effects! Well the guitar have a good sound there's better but I like it and very good pickups but in future I will change them for sure maybe a 57 classic and an Angus Young Signutare humbucker!

With my style of music, classic rock etc. it matches perfectly! I've been playing for about 2 years now and started with an acoustic guitar and ended with this bueaty about 5 months now! No nothing I asked before! Well if I will loose it I think I'll buy a a Gibson SG any version but I prefer the Angus Young model or the Standard! I love the classic model of the Les Paul and its quality and that many favourite artists use it. The only thing I complain about it is that its heavy and difficult to carry outsides but rarely had pain in the back because of it! My favourite feature about this guitar is its good looking because its a real bueaty. there's no other guitar nice as the Les Paul! I compared it to other product that respected my budget of $840 but I thought this was the best I found with that price and it merits a higher price for its quality! I wish it had Vintage tulip nickel machineheads like the Ace Frehely Les Paul, and a Vintage type neck like the "G-400 Vintage" Neck and a more lighter body! but I love it!

Yes I think it will withstand live playing, I'm very positive about this guitar. I think it is durable for 10 years for sure if you keep it safe and obviously love it and take care of it otherwise no! The hardware is in good conditions till now. Yes this a problem I had about 2 days ago the strap buttons were loose much of the time but I fixed it with a match int the hole and till now it seems perfect. Well in gig obviously you need a backup but 80% of the probabilty it will go well I think! The finish is protected by a scratch plate or a pickguard and there's no scratches on my Les Paul!

Well the guitar was great when I bought it the only two things I needed to change was the Strings that were replaced by Ernie Ball RPS9 Super Slinky and the action, I had to lower it a bit but in general it was playable! In my opinion they were good the difirence in sound between them was contrasting so I had what I wanted it can growl with distortion and crystal clear highs with Clean sound! It was perfect excpet that action thing. Never loose tune in a short time. maybe after 20 hours of playing looses tune but very slightly.

This bueaty was made in May 2004 in Korea! It has 22 frets Rosewood and its a solid top guitar. The body material is mahogany/alder and the neck's material is Mahogany. This material gives a nice sound. Flametop Maple in Heritage Cherry Sunburst (very nice). Obviosuly its body style is exact of a Gibson Les Paul. It has Tune-O-Matic bridge like all Les Pauls! And has 2-volume and 2-tone controls, a 3 way selector with 2 Epiphone humbucker, in general the Neck Pickups sounds like the Gibson 490R and the Bridge Pickup sounds like the Gibson 498T! This Les Paul came out with Grover Machineheads and not as the other Les Pauls 'cause they have Vintage tuners.