Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Yeah this thing can handle basically any type of music. I play rock, blues, metal, classical it fits them all very well, especially the blues. I'm running it through a Traynor YCV50 Blue all tube amplifier, with no pedals. And this astounded me. When the tube amp was cranked, and I didnt play for a while, no feedback whatsoever! Even on the OD channel! It starts to feedback a little bit once the solo boost is kicked in but thats it. It has really bright sound on the bridge pickup, and the neck pick up give an amazing santana/slash sound. But this is with a good tube amp. I used to have a solid state amp and the guitar sounded good but not nearly as clear.

Crazy sweet guitar, I've been playing for 2 years, and this guitar is so weel suited to a dude like me. I love the look, I hate how if I take the pickguard off I'm afriad it'l get scratched (but thats 'cause I love it so much). But my main problem is how the pick up covers are so hard to take off, everytime I play I get finger prints on the covers and I'm sick of cleaning them, so I wish I could just take them off. But this problem applies to all guitars with humbucker covers. If this guitar was stolen, I'd cry in my room for sevral days, then I'd buy a lot of knives.

This guitar is a beast. In the beginning when I played with a strap it used to hurt my neck. But you get used to it fast. The hardware Will last many years to come. The strap buttons pissed me off in the beginning though, they were so small that I had to exchange them for strap locks but, now I can jump around and junk, and it wont fall off. I've used this guitar for many gigs now, and it has never failed, no backup needed.

The guitar came with the sction a little bit too high, but the store fixed that for me no problem. Pick ups were fine from the beginning. No flaws whatsoever, except for the fretboard, it had little white specks from the paint job, that was easily cleaned off though.

It was made in 2004, made in Korea. It has 22 frets, the neck is not as thick as other Les Pauls (Rosewood I believe). The cherry sunburst finish is just beautiful. Has one cut away on the body, passive pickups are in this, Mine came with Alnico V "Epiphone USA" humbuckers. Tuners were grovers, they stay in tune for months and months. Came with a cruddy black patch cord.