Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade - Burlington

This guitar has been great for everything that I can throw at it. I play the most varied styles of music from punk to new-rock to classic rock, to metal and jazz and the list goes on. Through it all, my les paul stays sounding smooth and perfect for the occasion. I admit that I am currently "between" amps, having had a tiny Fender Frontman and now looking for a Marshall MG model. My old amp didn't have many effects but my time spent in the store trying this baby out on a giant Marshall amp where amazing. Every sound is perfect and I couldn't imagine anyone spending the extra $2000 to have Gibson on the Headstock instead of Epiphone.

I play all sorts of music and it fits every genre perfectly. I focus more on classic rock now and it is absolutely perfect for it. I'm looking to maybe move more into metal and I'm sure it would do fine for that too but I am consdering getting a Jackson that I could devote solely to metal. Right now I have my Les Paul and my tiny Fender amp but I'm looking for a new Marshall amp and possibly as I said a Jackson axe. If this was stolen I'd cry and then probably buy a new one. Depending on which way I go with my music, metal or classic rock, I might consider a different guitar, probably that Jackson, but if I stick with the rock there would be no question. I honestly can't find anything to hate about it and love it more and more as I get to play it and see all of the great things it can do. The only thing that I wish it had was a tremelo, something that I never really appreciated on my Fender until I had traded it in for this. Overall this is a great guitar and certainly a great choice for up and comign musicians like myself.

I baby all of my things and am always afraid of breaking them but just from the feel of this thing I think it would last through the wars. It feels so solid and everything looks to be well made and put together. If I ever was to do gigs I certainly don't think I'd need a backup, but thats also because I probably wouldn't be able to afford one. The finish on this guitar has stayed well and doesn't seem to be showing any scratches. The only thing that would show that this guitar has been used would be fingerprints, of which there are many because of the laminated finish, and of scratches on the pickguard which is to be expected.

This guitar was near perfect when I got it. Only slight buzz on some of the frets on the 5th and 6th strings but hard ly noticable at all. My one big complaint was that when I got my guitar out at home I noticed taht the plastic casng for the pickups had been roughed up around the corners. Again only a minor thing but it still was a bit of a shock to find.

Chokes26
    yeh i go me one too love this guitar apart from it being a little heavy