Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: Music Central - Isle of Wight

I play blues and rock mainly, and it holds up to practically anything I throw at it. I play it through a Marshall MG15CDR, which is crap, but it still manages to sound good, feedback only happens when I want it to. Chunky bottom end, mids are a bit shaky, but a new set of pickups will sort this out. I recommend '57 Classics. The high end is beatiful though, by far the clearest, singing tone I've ever seen on a guitar of this price.

It suits practically any sort of music, so buy one! I've been playing about 2 years. The only problem I see with it is mainly the weight. I'm not sure how heavy it is, but it's a fair ol' heft, even for a Les Paul. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably opt for a Fender Classic series Strat or something else for a change, but I still like this guitar.

Hell yeah! This thing was built for gigging. You could drag this thing down the M27 on the back of your VW Bus and it would still be playable! I would gig it without a backup.

I've had no problems whatsoever with action or anything of the sort, it came perfect! Not sure whether it was Epiphone or Music Central that did that though. The finish is thick, to say the least. It will last! It could be a bit thinner though.

OK, it has a solid mahogany body with a maple cap and flamed maple veneer. It also has a set mahogany neck. There's 2 chrome covered humbuckers and a chrome ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 volume knobs, 2 tones, 3-way selector. Cream hardware. It's all true to a Gibson.

ArcherTheVMan
    mwahaha i have one! mines got the green key tuners though which i admit aren't as good for tuning as silver ones but i prefer the look, im looking for better ones (plus its not to mention the new gibson pickups i put in, new straplocks, new selector switch but it was all from preference it was a good guitar when i bought it).
    cokeisbetter
    I played my friend's Epiphone Les Paul today. Sounds freakin' sweet! I want one of these.
    zeppelinpage4
    I just got mine a few weeks ago and the sound is amazing! I got it in trans amber and the finish is great.
    buhda
    these reveiws are useless theres no way and epiphone les paul could get a 10 out of 10 it may be an ok guitar but its not great i wouldnt give my dads 1975 gibson les paul 10 out of 10 most of you have never played anyother guitars what have you got to compare to no guitar gets 10 out of 10 especially a epiphone
    TobiasFn