Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: local strore

I play rock/hard/classic rock the most(AC/DC, GN'R, Led Zepplin, Deff Leppard, Black Sabbath and Sex Pistols) with some metal and blues thrown in. This guitar suits my style very well, gives a bright, fat, heavy tone at the bridge pickup, ideal for rock/metal. The neck pickup is very bassy, good for a lot of blues. All-round rich rockin sound, makes very little noise unless on high-gain settings then there's quite a bit of feedback. I usemy Marshall G15RCD practice amp, which actually sounds like an amp now I have replaced my Behringer V-Tone with this (imagine what it wil sound like oce I have a Vox AD50VT). I believe this guitar is good for any time of music without a whammy bar. Very versatile, although synominous for the LP/rock 'n' roll tone. This really is the closest ur gonna get without paying thousands! I persnally think the stock pickups are great, but if you have to change them, you'll have a great instrument either way!

As metioned perfect for thse Who want a classic or modern rock tone, and an overall quality guitar for the money. I've been playing 1 year. Other than this I have a Behringer V-Tone, which as soon as I picked this up, was worth no more than a rotten egg. The difference in quality of both sound, and playabilty is instantly seen. If this was stolen I would literally go into an epileptic fit, and hide away for most of my life then buy it again! I love the fact for the money youhave outstanding build quality and a real lp like tone. Obviously it doesn't have a tremelo, and isn'te "real" Lp otherwise I love it. I wish it had a label on it saying "whoever thinks that Epi's are crap, they will be put out of their misery". Honestly you won'tbe dissapointed, get new pickups if you have to.

I would 100% trust this at a gig, although I haven't had any I would definately use it. The chrome hardware looks durable, won'ttarnish unless abused. I haven't had any strap button problems but only had a week, they seem tight enough. The finish has a thick glossy maple veneer, which will last years, providing (like all instruments) it's regularly polished etc. Built like a tank, definately gig ready. A 10 so far.

Fortunately, the shop had set the guitar up perfectly(which is why you shouldn't really buy off the net); the action is about 2mm max above 12th fret(low, perfect for my rock/metal), no paint flaws or anything. No glue marks, damage or faulty controls. Setup great. Only thing I could possibly complain about is that the tuners are slack, but easilytightened.

This beautiful HCS Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus, was made in 2005, china.Despite some people preferring the korean made ones, the quality of this is exceptional. Has 22 trapezoid crown frets and inlays, with a 24.75" scale length. Chunky, comfortable rosewood neck, with an amazing flamed maple top. The body is solid mahogany with maple veneer on top. Tune-O-Matic bridgestyle and passive dual humbuckers("Hot" and "57" for neck and bridge)2 tone, 2 vol. for both p'ups. 3-way pickup selectjr, the pickups are standard hmbucker Epiphone ones I think. Nice chrome, grover tuners.

tristan123/
    B*llocks! The epi lp standard plus is an incredible guitar for the money, and although stock pu'ps aren't very good, it does still sound OK. There is NO point comparing it to an instrument 1,500 more,although epiphone has done an amazing job producing the "copies". It's all down to what you are after, want the nearest guitar you can get without forking out thousands, this is the closest you'll get to the gib. Great guitar for the money, Gibsons amazing but not worth the extra money. I think the fact they aren't as good as the gibson is justified maybe by the price?! Good guitar+ new p'ups= great guitar(1/2 price)