Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: The Roadhouse Boston

I play a lot of differient styles of music as I study music at college, so I have to reach into many genres. I mainly play metal, punk, rock and blues. It's great for playing everything, I have it hooked up to a Marshall AVT100 and it's sound awesome on it. It has a bone crushing metal/rock sound on OD2 and a great nu-metal/punk sound on OD1. It's great for getting them Slash lead sounds and crazy hendrix sounds. I put some EMG's in and it really improves the tone and can make the sound a lot more heavier.

Its a very versatile guitar in playing differient styles and sounds great. I've been playing for almost 2 years and it is a lot better than my last guitar a Squier Strat. If it was stolen I would definately buy another les paul but not a standard most probably a custom. I just wish it was more reliable.

This guitar is great when playing Live but there are a few problems with it. The strap buttons are pathetic as I said, the hardware is loose. It fell of the strap once because the strap buttons we're so loose and it cracked the side of the body and chiped the head stock. With slight knocks things can turn nasty. I would definately play a gig with a backup but sadly this is the only one I have at the moment.

When I got this guitar it had a few flaws, the strap locks we're really loose and they still come off time to time due to the size of the hole inside. The G tuning peg is very poor, it becomes very loose and gets thrown out of tune. The electronics once whent with the standard pickups from a small knock. The nut has been re-fitted with an object which looks like it doesnt't even come from a les paul and the cable input can sometimes unscrew it self and lose some sound.

I'm not sure when it was made or where it was made, but I don't really care. It has a 22 rosewod fret finger board. it has a flame maple top, grover tuners and has a herritage cherry sunburst colour. Has a neck tone and volume and a bridge tone and volume with a 3-way selector. It came with standard pickups and had a Gibson logo plate at the top instead of it saying Les Paul.

feathersmcgraw
    guitar_guy92
    feathersmcgraw : Ok...just to diverge from the main debate here a little...can anyone tell me what the difference between the LP Standard Plus and the normal LP Standard is?
    There's no difference in the pickups, electronics etc. but the LP standard plus has a flame maple top and the LP standard has a plain top
    SWENCE_32
    flame maple is so much nicer, especialy with my wine red color. its the most beautiful thing ive ever seen