Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: Live N' Loud (Local Store_

I play various styles ranging from blues to hard rock to metal, and the Les Paul is perfect for me. With the avility of setting the volume and tone for each pickup, I can configure the guitar so I can play these various styles. I run this through a Kustom KGA10FX (With a Danelectro Fab Overdrive and Chorus, and Dunlop CryBaby Wah in the mix) and the sound is awesome. I never thought that the guitar would sound so good through my amp, but it does. This guitar is best for hard rock and metal. But the neck pickup is good for blues for a nice, fat tone.

Simply fantastic! The guitar fits all my needs, and the styles I play, and has such a amazing sound. My favorite part of the guitar is the volume/tone knobs because you can be a lot more versatile being able to alter these for each pickup. The bad point about the guitar is how the neck joins the guitar around the 15th fret, which makes it harder to solo past that point, but apart from that, it's like a perfect guitar. I'd reccommend this guitar to any player of any style except shred, because of it doesn't have a tremolo bridge, or easy high fret access. If you look at the guitar, it screams "Pick me!" and if you did pick it, you know you haven't choose the wrong guitar. If the guitar got stolen, I'd track down the guy Who did it, and hang him, and if I couldn't find it, I'd buy a new one. This is definately a great addition for any guitarist.

The guitar can easily withstand gigs, and is very reliable. I've never played any gigs, but I know that it could easily manage it. The strap locks are fine, the guitar shouldn't drop from your strap coming off. I wouldn't need a backup guitar if I played a gig because you can rely on this guitar easy. The finish hasn't came off or anything, so I'm guessing it's been a good job on it.

The action is perfect for most styles. I got the guitar setup in the store, so it had the perfect action for me, but the action wasn't too bad anyway. I've found no flaws in the paint job, or any chips, etc where there shouldn't be, so this is pretty much perfect. The grove tuners are very smooth, and you can tune easily with them. And best of all, the finish is amazing. The flame cherry sunburst makes you drool because it is so good.

This guitar has everything you'd expect, 22 frets, Grove tuners, a flamed maple-top, and is made of mahogany. It also has a set neck. There is two volume knobs, and two tone knobs, a volume and tone knob for the neck and bridge humbuckers. Like your usual Les Paul, it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. When I bought this it didn't come with a case, due to it being second hand (although if I amy say, mint condition). But that wasn't a problem, as I bought a hard case anyway. It's best to buy a hard case for the guitar because it keeps it safter than it staying on a stand or anything like that.

krauser92
    i have this guitar, and it rocks. the only problem with it is the strap comes undone way too easily...