Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: Musikbörsen

I play mainly blues, rock, classic rock, metal, punk, yeah, all that stuff, and this guitar does it all! I use this with a Behringer BX600 and a Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal and it sounds pretty good. I could use with a rig upgrade to get a better sound, so the guitar has nothing to do with the lack of tone. This guitar isn't noisy at all and it does everything I've brought upon it. Except for dive bombs of course.

I love this guitar. It does anything I want it to do. I've been playing for nearly three years and I'm currently using a cheap setup consisting of a Behringer BX600 and a Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal. If it were stolen, I'd probably not buy another Les Paul, as I've gotten more and more interested in Ibanezes and Jacksons, so another Les Paul would have to wait. I compared it to a lot of other guitars, but right then I was pretty much of a newb, but I do not regret buying this splendid guitar.

This guitar will probably withstand everything you could probably expect it to. Everything seems very durable. I changed the strap buttons as they were too small for any strap I put on it. I can depend on this guitar without doubitng. I've used it Live a few times without any sort of backup. The finish is not so good. The finishing seems thin at the back and the clearcoat has started to "melt" and you can see it has been flowing down the back.

The guitar seems to be setup pretty good, the action was perfect and it was really easy to play. I've never felt a need to adjust anything on it, except for having to intonate it, but that is normal. Everything was perfectly routed and the only thing I can complain about when it comes to the setup is the fact that one of the tuners bricks is abit loose, due to it not being properly tightened. But hey, really a no issue. The finish seems to wear off a tad bit easy, but Who cares, really?

I purchased this in the beginning of 2006, and it was chinese made. That being said, I've never had any problems whatsoever with it. It has mahogny body with a quilted maple top, and packs a nice looking sunburst. It has a set mahogny neck with a tilted headstock, aswell as a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard with the Standard Les Paul inlays. A Tune-O-Matic bridge and grover tuners and Standard Epiphone Les Paul humbuckers with nickel covers, coupled by four controls, volume/volume/tone/tone and a three way pickup Switch. The electronics are of course passive. The only thing I've done is to swith the strap buttons for strap locks.

realic
    krauser92 wrote: i have this guitar, and it rocks. the only problem with it is the strap comes undone way too easily...
    get strap locks
    gigson111
    this looks like a nice guitar, if i got it would i be paying for the name or the guitar?
    Johnny2Hats
    No. Epiphone are actually good for the price. Now if you bought a gibson then you would be paying an extra $1000 for the name, just so you could show off to friends