Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

Purchased from: GAK

I mainly play metal and rock and this guitar sounds perfect for both. I use it on a Roland Cube 60 amp which has nice distortion presets. I also have a Boss distortion/overdrive pedal which makes the guitar sounds amazing! I also have a Squier Strat and when the two guitar's sounds are compared the Les Paul sounds so much better! I have a friend Who has a Gibson Les Paul and I honestly can't tell the difference. The pickups are really powerful so it allows for easy pinch harmonics and heavy riffs to be played.

I think the Epiphone Les Paul is an amazing guitar and is very versatile in the sense that no matter what genre you tend to play it still looks great. I have been playing for around 5 years and prefer to play this guitar through my Boss Distortion/Overdrive Pedal and Roland Cube 60 for a powerful, heavy sound. I would happily gig with the equipment I have. I love how it looks - the flame maple top and pearl neck inlays look great! I compared this guitar to the Tokai and Gibson counterparts and much preferred it to the Tokai. I couldn't find any difference between it and the Gibson but accept that for 3000 it may be slightly better!

I haven't used this guitar Live yet although it has been taken to friends houses etc. It seems solid enoug and the hardware is fitted well. I would definately use this guitar at a gig and if anything went wrong I would assume it is a problem with the amp or lead!

The guitar is flawless apart from the pickups which needed adjusting, (easy enough to do). The paintwork looks fantastic, I have the Vintage Cherry Burst design and it looks perfectly bookmatched. The whole guitar also seemed thouroughly polished and cleaned. No flaws at all.

It has 22 frets and a Flame maple top finish as well as 2 vol. 2 tone and a 3-way Switch. It is a Classic Les Paul shape, identical to it's Gibson counter-part. It also has a Tune-o-matic bridge and Grover tuners. There were no accessories included but I managed to get a strap thrown in and discount on a case.