Les Paul Standard Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Standard Plus

The guitar suits my style brillaintly, I play anything from Indie to Hard rock, the humbuckers can get a sweet clean tone or if needed a very meaty heavy sound. I use a Vox VT50 and no effects pedals. The guitar is noise/buzz free because of the humbuckers. The variety in sound is quite wide but the tone knobs I find don't always change the sound a great deal.

The guitar suits my style of rock very well and can get some brilliant tones. I've been playing for about 5 years and have had this guitar for about 3 of those years. I use the guitar with a Vox VT50 amp without any effects pedals. If it was stolen/lost I would definatly buy another one without hesitation, its my main guitar and is stunning! The one thing I hate about it is the Les Paul body shape which constricts playing higher up the fret-board, but then again it was my fault for buying one! Overall the guitar is fantastic, I really don't see why people buy Gibson Les Pauls when you could buy an Epi! They are so much cheaper and I don't see what could be improved to make it Gibson standard.

The guitar will definately withstand live playing! Its heavy and built like a tank! The hardware seems like very good quality and will last a long time. The strap buttons were very solid and won't budge at all, I've never broken a string on this thing so I think I won't need a backup at a gig. Finally the finish is very good and has quite a lot of gloss or some other type of covering and hasn't worn since I got it.

The guitar is second hand, so I don't know how well the factory had set the guitar up, but it was perfect for me when I bought it. The action was nice and low but not so low that it was hard to play. I haven't tried adjusting the pickups yet because the guitar sounds amazing as it is! One of the tone knobs was a little noisy but that was due to dust that had built up inside of it. Other than that the guitar was perfect for me.

The guitar was made in Korea in either 2003 or 2005. It has a 24.75" scale rosewood fretboard, flame maple Heritage Cherry Sunburst top, mahogany neck and body with a tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 volume and 2 tone controls with 3 way pickup selector Switch (Neck/Middle/Bridge). Alnico Classic Humbuckers and Grover tuner heads. I loved the setup and especially how smooth the tuners were and how well the kept the guitar in tune.

Alien00
    I got the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Now...Will I change the pickups or the electronics ??.. NO...I wont, its not necessary. This is a great guitar as it is. Deffinitely better, or at least as good as the lower priced orig. Gibsons, for example Gibson Les Paul Studio.
    messymonkey
    hi guys i just don't know what to decide between the epi les paul plus top or a vintage v100 guitar.....
    inkmanic
    avoid buying anything copied just save for the real thing because the les paul copys are just not the same as gibson unless you go for an esp edwards which gibson sued becasue they was making better les paul's check edwards out there about 900 pounds better then 2 grand tho