Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

The sound put out of this guitar is real muddy from the treble pickup, but it can really put out some good distortion for my style of music (Metallica, Zeppelin, Sabbath). I use a Line 6 Spider II 15 watt most of the time with a Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah. The pickups on it are real quiet, and dont make much noise when left alone. Overall this guitar has a wide variety of sounds it can produce, the neck pickup is great for blues. I went with EMG's instead so I could get the heavier sound.

This guitar does not completely match my style, mostly because of the sound, everything else is just amazing. This defintely would of been my first choice at the money I had and the time it was. I would definetly want to buy this again if something were to happen to it. My favorite part about it is the finish because it is so beautiful with the flametop. I did not compare this to any other guitars because I fell in love with this one.

I would keep this guitar for as long as I live, everything seems to be of high quality and crafted of high precision. I replaced the strap buttons on it because my strap kept falling off when I would go into a Zakk Wylde stance, but I bought all parts strap knobs and they work perfectly. The finish on mine is real tough, I have been out in 90+ degree weather with it for many hours and there has not been one flaw in the finish.

I thought this guitar went through Gibsons plant before it came off the line because everything was flawless on it. the action has stayed the same for months, all the parts were put in perfect. I would recommend not changing the vol/tone knobs on it because the control pots will come loose. I switched mine with gold speed knobs. The finish was absolutely stunning coming out of the case. The tuners needed some adjusting but nothing major.

My Epiphone was made in late 2004 in China. It has a 22 fret rosewood fretboard with a laminated alder flame maple top which makes it stand out from any other guitar on the wall, it is in Heritage cherry sunburst, which is to me the best color out there. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic, with the stopbar tailpiece. The pickups are Epiphone 57CH (neck) and their HotCH (bridge) with a 3-way pickups selector and 2 volume and 2 control knobs. It has the chrome grovers which are non-locking, when I bought it however it got a free SKB molded les paul case.