Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Sound Control

This guitar is fantastic for any music styles realy! I play anything from sixties rock 'n' roll, to classic blues (Jimi Hendrix etc), to brit rock/pop (Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, Kaisers etc) to modern and retro punk like Blink 182 (mostly), Green Day, Fall Out Boy and I even go into a bit of metal now and then. And guess what? This guitar is perfect for absoloutley all these styles. If you've got a decent enough amp you cann all of these styles and bands tones off with this axe. It suites them all perfectly! I'm currently using it with a 50watt valve amp (Vox), a Marshall ditortion pedal, power wah pedal and a phase trainer/loop sampler. This guitar doesnt have any noise to it at all, the nice chunky humbucking pickups keep everything as smooth or as crunchy as you like, from glittering cleans (good with a splash of reverb if you have it) to chunky palm muting riffs, to all out 'Drop D' distortion. The pickups provide great power where and when you need it. The variety is endless, trust me, whatever you want this guitar has it, and has it times two! Again, fantastic overall!

When I got this guitar (I've had it about 4 years) I started playing some heavey punk, Green Day, Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, MCR and it probablysuites these bands best, as they all tend to use chunky humbuckers, so as you can imagine it suites my style perfectly, I'm in a band that pays a huge veriety of tunes and my guitar, along with my mates SG covers them all. I own, as I said before, a Vox 50watt valve, Marshall Jackhammer dist pedal and a phase trainer. My amp has all the effects I need so my rig isn't all glorified and expensive. But like I say my sound is perfect. If my axe was stolen I'd watch loads of horrror films to gt the inpiration to kill the guy who did it realy slowly. It wouldn't be the same having the same axe but a newer version 'cause I've got to know mine so well, and have customised it to my taste. My fav. feature is the variety of sound you can get from it. I was goning to go for a Fender Strat at first, but I thought no. This one is so much better and I'm glad I've gone for humbuckers instead of weedy little single coils. The guitar has everything I wish it had and I'm proud of myself for chooing the perfect guitar!

This guitar is built solid as a bloody rock! you could throw the thing of your roof, jump down, do a gig or two, and still have six strings! the thing as tough as terminator on steroids so no worrys there. The hardware wil still be there by the time you die and the strap buttons, well I dindn't take much notice to them but I've not had any problems with them. The finish will last, but I've stuck stickers all over mine so it wontmake a difrfrence, no flaws in this area.

THe action fit and finish is as you'd expect. The action was perfect for me (don't know about you), not to high, not to low, just right for what I tend to play. The pickups will be fine for us none-perfectionists, but if you want to start changing them and messing about to get your sound then go ahead, but they were just right for me. There were no flaws on my model, I can safely say anyone can trust Epiphone for a good quality guitar.

This is a relatively new guitar built about 2002 I think, it's got 22 medium frets (all I need) and a nice chunky rosewood neck for some nice fat riffs. It's a solid body with laminated top (cherry sunburst), very difficult to put a dint in it! It's got a Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar. It's got two volume and two tone controls, great for if your wanting to play a variety of different music styles and if you want a nice variety in sound from the pickups. It's got Grover tuners that will never slip on you. I got a rock sak gig bag with mine, fantastic features overall.

Guitar_gOdd
    i've got this guitar, its fantastic, but everyone mentions my 2 favourite players, slash and zakk wylde, so it must be good!!!!!
    realic
    This is a great guitar, great value, but overrated on this site (IMO).
    BeastBoy4
    Is the top of the body contoured like an ESP or is it a flat surface? Every picture that I've seen of it on the internet makes it appear flat.
    soad_guri
    I use an Epiphone Les Paul Studio with a 100 Watt Marshall amp. and it works great amazing Pack. Les Paul Studio + Marshall
    Darren5591
    The top is contoured, this is an ace guitar at a good price. I own the standard version but very almost went for this model instead because it is genuinly very well made.
    jhjps
    Stewey
    jhjps wrote: does it have the trapezoid inlays or dots, here it shows trapezoids but on musicians friend it shows dots
    It has dots.
    Ignite
    I have this guitar, and I HATE it. I must have got a lemon. There's a number of things wrong with it.. sent it to epiphone and they fixed everything, but one thing. If the intonation is perfect, and every string in tune, it stills plays out of tune. On certain barre chords, the B string is way off, and on other barre chords, the G string is way off. (Both sharp) I think it might have to do with the frets...