Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: The Arts

This suits my style perfectly. I play mostly emo and alternative rock, and old rock, like Afi, Ac DC, The Beetles, Billy Talent etc. I play it through a Crate 30 watts GT30 amplifier, which makes it f--king awesome. This guitar is great with distortion or clean; very diverse when it comes to sound. I usually play it with med. distortion.

This definitely matches my rock and roll scene, no question. I have only been playing for about 4 months, and this is my first electric guitar, along side with my Yamaha FD02 acoustic guitar. If this were lost or stolen, I'd buy another one, but first, I'd slowly boil the thief in hot water, and then put him in the oven, and stuff an apple in his mouth, and then I'd feed him to thirld world children in Africa. I love the color changing finish on this guitar, but I hate the fact that it had an uneven fret. I compare this this to Fenders Gibsons, Ibanez's and I think it can outplay most of them, especially the fenders, and Ibanez's. I just wish this had a whammy bar.

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing. The craftsmenship is un-believable. The strap buttons are very solid, but they are a tab big, so I had a little trouble putting the strap on, but when I got it on, It was on there for good. I would definitely gig with this baby, it sounds way better than my friend's Gibson Flying-V. And the finish? well, don't get me started. It changes color, due to flakes of different colors in the paint, so I'd think that it would last me a very long time.

This guitar was very well set up actually, I played right when I brought the baby home. However, there is one flaw. When I asked the guy at the shop why this guitar was on sale, he said that when they received the guitar, one of the frets were un-even but that was easily fixed by having the factory file it down. But hey, for an extra 200 bucks off, it's a steal, baby yeah!

Made in 2007, fresh from the factory in China, 22 frets, urethane finish, made out of solid mahogany, Chameleon silver/blue style. 3-way selctor switch, 1 volume and tone control for each pickup. Very sexy instrument. Yes this has great features, so a ten there is.

epi les paul69
    vanhalenrule wrote: epiphones are quite shabby
    no there not. they are the finest make of guitars other than gibson, grestch and fender.
    epi les paul69
    stradivari310 wrote: is this the same as the limited edition chameleon?
    Basically the same. I own the green chameleon and its awesome, but it has no pickguard, but everything else about it is the same. B
    Tomhigton
    I have one and it sounds ok for the money but it's not very reliable. The Input has broken on mine a couple of times.Annoying.
    ShatterSpirit
    I don't know why some find this guitar to be good. I bought it a couple weeks ago and promptly returned it. Heck, my Washburn X10 (cheapo learner's guitar) sounds better than this thing. The pickups have an incredibly weak and muddy sound too. And for the money this cost when I bought it (350 I believe) it was totally not worth it.