Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend

This guitar sounds absolutely amazing, it suits my style very well, I mostly play metal and classic, hard rock and they guitar does it all, and iv messed around with some jazz and blues and this guitar did it with our a hitch. Iv mostly used it with a micro cube and a Behringer GM 108 and it sounds amazing. I've used it with my friends Metal Zone pedal, get a very good metal sound. I've gotten it to sound just like Slashes guitar using both my Micro Cube and my Behringer, and have gotten it to a good Iron Maiden sound as well, I even got it to sound like Angus's SG from AC/DC so it's a very versatile guitar. The guitar stays in tune very well, the Grover tuners are very smoothe and great and will stay intune for weeks if you have good strings on it.

I have to say I really love this guitar and am extremely happy about buying it, it's a perfect match for my style of playing. Iv been playing for about 1 1/2 years and it's its a perfect guitar for intermediate playing like myself. There realy isnt anything else that I would want in this guitar. I ofcourse compared this Les Paul to Epiphones other Les Pauls and for what I was looking for, which was a good guitar that sounded good and played good but didn't have to be very pretty, it defenitly exceeded my expectations. And this guitar is basicly a Les Paul Standard but with tuned down looks so if ou are low on money and want a great guitar that doesn't have to be absolutly gorgeous it's perfect. If it was stolen/lost/broken beyond repair I probly wouldn't replace it with another Studio just because I want something that's prettier and better looking on stage, but it would definitly be a Les Paul and most likely another Epiphone but an Elitist or I'd just go with a Gibson depends on how much money I have at the time, I'm very happy with their products, my friend has a Les Paul Special and loves is, and my cousins friend has a Les Paul Custom for Epi and loves it so they make some great products and I'm defenitly sticking with them.

The guitar is very relyable and is fairly dureable (other than the part about the finish in the previous part of the review). It's not really made for Live shows(hence the name Les Paul Studio) but I'm more than sure it can handle Live gigs but probly wont look the best on stage, but I would definitly be confident in using it on stage without a backup. But would be perfect for jamming with friends or in you're bedroom. Everything on the guitar is very solid out of the box(other than the nut on the output that I mentioned earlier). The finish will last you for a long time as long as you don't bump it a lot.

This is where the guitar had a few flaws, now to be fair, it's a Studio so the looks were tuned down alot. First off, the wood is very soft so an the paint is thin so little bumps show up very easily, but if you're carefull with you're gear you'll be fine. The pick guard it came with is just ugly, all black and I didn't like it, I just ended up cutting out my own clear one out of some Polycarbonate plastic. When I got the guitar it was out of tune and had really horrible strings, but $23.50 and a visit to a local music store for a set up and some new strings fixed that right up. But the finish of the guitar was perfect out of the box. The little nut on the out put of the guitar was alittle loose when I got it but that was an easy fix. Other than those very minor things the guitar was perfect and I'm very happy with it.

The guitar I believe was made in 2006, it's made in Korea, it has the normal 22 jumbo frets a rosewood fretboard. It's the Studio model so no binding. I'm not sure of the woods used for the neck and body. Mine is the Vintage Sunburst which looks really nice. It's the normal Les Paul body style and what I really liked was that it's an arch top which I wasn't expecting when I ordered it, so it was a nice surprise when I opened the box. It has a tune o matic bridge which is nice, it has Dual Epiphone Humbuckers which sound amazing, they don't need batteries so I'm guessing they are passive. It has a volume and a tone controll for each of the 2 humbuckers. It came with Grover Tuners and I'm pretty sure they aren't locking. I payed an extra $20 for an Epiphone Gigbag which fits it perfectly and does a good job of protecting it. I give it a 10 for features because it has everything I was looking for in a guitar.

jfsj123
    picklepopcikle
    wahh it sounds like every1 is pleased with it. mite be getting a guitar soon and this is a good contender xD
    Exaton_v
    Hello guys. I'd appreciate it if anyone of you could compare this guitar to a PRS SE Singlecut.
    Norse_Iron_King
    jfsj123 wrote: i get put of by epiphone because its like they are the crapper vesion of gibson. i dont know but i im not really tempted IMO. im not sayin they are crap but theyre just a tad of a ripoff of gibson imo
    well Gibson owns Epiphones, and they are the low-end versions of Gibsons