Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: eBay

This has an amazing sound! Almost comparable to a high end Gibson. I always turned down Gibsons and Epiphones for Fenders but I'm content with my choice I regretted buying it after I got it (on Ebay) and so I was dreading when it showed up on my front door. On the day it showed up I had band practice and so it was the best time to get a feel with it. And It out grew the expectations I had for it. Way better than what I expected. The only thing I miss from my Fender (which is in repair right now) is the trebbly sound. When I want to play Nirvana, and Weezer. It's rather hard. But It fits any music style. I play classic rock, a little blues, heavy metal, grunge, rockabilly, and punk. And if fits all the above. I run this through a Marshall Microstack and it sounds great. This is a great guitar especially if you want a heavier sound. If you want a sound like Kurt Cobains (like I was once wanting) don't go for this it's better to pick up a squire. Or better yet a Univox. The hums are really quite, but! You do not have to fight it to get feedback it comes esaily. But this is great for any sound you may want. Anything but it might take a little modding. But it can produce anything.

Coming into this I wasn't too excited about it because I'm a regular Fender player and I wasn't too excited in the fact my bass player convinced me to get this but once I got it. I fell in love with it. Although after I get a Jaguar it will be probably my second favorite. It will still be on my list. This guitar opened me up to a whole nother sound I used to play funky kinda punk music. But not I'm into classic rock and metal. I've been playing guitar about 4 years now and it's possibly one of the best I've owned. I love everything about this guitar, the action, the feel, the sound the way it looks. it's just amazing. And I think everyone whos looking into this guitar should just dive for it. You will not regret it.

I've had this guitar for 3 weeks and already my dumbass drummer nocked it against the ground nothing big though for me I was suprised to fine it stayed in tune. I was really happy. One thing that worries me is the pickguard just cause it doesnt't seem supported. I would use this mainly without a back up and I mean I wouldn't have another guitar in sight. And the Strap buttons on that thing dissapointed me because I was hoping there would be one on the cutaway side. But I guess not. Either way it's fine how it is. I kind of get worried about the finish because when I play my right arm is right there moving up and down so it could possibly rub off. Also when I place it there and play I get a red mark where my arm was resting that gets a bit tedious.

Right now I play it as if it just came out of the factory I haven't modded anything or any of that. It sounds great right out of the box. For me I might need to adjust the height of the pickups but I'll do that when my bass players here so he can help me. For me the bass pickup is too low and the treble is too high, it kinda gets in the way. For some reason (another wierdness to the auction) is that the person who bought it said it was sold as a 2nd but not marked. I have no clue what happend, and I'm not going to go investigate it because it's perfectly fine.

This is a 2008! Epiphone Les Paul Studio. Made in Korea, but for some reason the person Who I bought it from ebay said they bought it from the "Epiphone (assuming Gibson) factory in Nashville". There are 22 frets The neck I would say is regular sized (for me atleast) but playing a 1971 LP I would say it is a little bit of a bigger neck. I don't quite know what wood they use on the neck but I know the fret board is rosewood. I think the neck is mohagany though. The finish it's more of a natural finish it feels as if there is no satin on it, but there is a finish on there somewhere. it's nice and smooth. And Vintage red (which was the main appeal against the LP Standard) The body is suprisingly thinner than most LPs I've played. You get 2 volume knobs (for both humbuckers) 2 tone knobs, and a pickup selector. The tuners are the best I've seen. The accessories it came with were just basic, cable and truss rod thingy (name please).

U2Rocks91
    i have one of these in wine red, i love it, need to get a better amp tho, i have a kustom 16 watt, its a fair size, but the guitar sounds great through it. Great value for money, i got mine 4 750 australian dollars. Overall, great guitar!
    alexec947
    i need advice. i have been playing for about 1 and a quarter years. i currently use a peavey raptor exp. i play a lot of middle AFI. i am on a budget. is this a good guitar for me?