Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Price paid: C$ 450

Purchased from: Long&McQuade

As far as sound goes for this guitar it's easy to says that it is pretty compensating to most styles of music. One thing that I have found over the time that I've owned this guitar is that no matter how much you play around with your tones both on the guitar and the amp, you really can't get away from that classic Les Paul sound, which I'm not saying is bad but a change up is needed every once in a while.

I play a variety of music. Everything from IllScarlet to Three Days Grace, from Atryeu to Bullet for My valentine. This guitar has proven to be quite versitile for what I payed and I'm very pleased with it. I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now and I have only owned this and a squire from a Strat Pack. Amp wise I have a Line 6 Spider 2 15w and a Marshall MG100DFX (against what some may say is not a horrible amp). It's time for something real and as you may have noticed I need something that's a little more 'shred oriented' but I still love this guitar. If this guitar was even lost or stolen I would seriously question myself for letting something that big and expensive just dissapear but I would probably not replace it with and Epiphone, I would more up to a Gibson, But the Les Paul Studio is an awesome guitar, totally worth your purchase.

This guitar has served me well for nearly 2 years now. As time wears on though I can feel its crisp, 'newness' starting to fade, and it's beginning to feel a little worn. Never the less this guitar is still holding up nicely as it is an Epiphone not a Gibson. I don't do a lot of gigging but when I do I never play with a backup, seeing as I have no choice for this is my only guitar, but I can trust it will hold up 100%.

This guitar was setup almost perfectly. A few small things but nothing major in any means necessary. The action on the neck is amazing, the only discrepency is the Tune-O-Matic bridge. This height of the strings from the body bothers more a lot and if I could change it I would. But as it goes all les pauls are like that so it's something I'm going to have to get used to or get a different brand of guitar.

This guitar is bought with two Gibson USA HB Pickups. Even with an amp set to blazing distortion, this guitar still has a limited hum and plays with a nice warm sound. The neck has a great, quick response to it, this allows for quick riffage as well as an awesome rhythm. Unlike most Fender models of guitar, the fret board already comes with that comfortable feeling, so you don't need to work for months at gigs to get it to feel comfortable. It has a set neck from mahogany wood. The fret inlays come in either rw or Dot. The body is made from mahogany/alder and the top is made from the same as the body.