Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: The guitar shop, Southamption, England

well I play punk/rock, think: My Chemical Romance, The Used, Good Charlotte, Misfits. I have a Vox AD15VT and to be honest I'm not really pleased. The amp is a very good amp don't get me wrong. It's just I can't get the sound I want. It's either to classic rock or numetal and I can't see to get inbetween. But any way, you may like to know what's on this amp so, it has amp settings: boutique CL, black 2X12, tweed 4X10, AC15, AC30TB, UK 70's, UK 80'S, UK modern, numetal, US higain, boutique OD; effects: auto wah, comp, comp phaser, comp+chorus, chorus+delay, chorus+reverb, flanger+reverb, tremelo+reverb, rotary+reverb, delay, reverb. the guitar sound without the amp is a nice sound, it's bright and good for playing all kinds of things from metal to classic rock.

I know that this guitar can make the sound I want(rock/punk) because I've seen it so it's a matter of choosing the right amp for me. I have been playing about a year but mostly on an accoustic build up my techinique. I wish I had asked when it was made and where it was made because I could have had money off. though I think this price was quite good. If it was stolen I would test this guitar on different amps to see if I could get the sound I want if I could I would definatly buy iy again. If not I might check something else out but I really do love this guitar.

Well, I have played a gig yet so it's hard to say. but banging it againt the wall (with some force *oops*) has left scratches. I would go to a gig without a backup because I have no other electic. But I think that it would withstand it. Depends how rough and tumble you like to play. The strap buttoms seem solid enough to me.

Finish is very good. Really nice colour and woody finish. It has a set neck so there are not nastbolts at the back. So far I have not seen any thing wtong with it. There were no flaws and I'm happy. I think the pickups were good but I'm not a real expert fro your better off checking some other reviws for that.

Well being a beginner to electric guitars I might not be really haelpful on this. But this beautiful guitar (finished in worn cherry) has 22 frets on, a rosewoord neck. It has a tune-O-matic bridge, 2 Alnico V humbuckers and of course the lovely les paul body. 2 volume controls. 2 tone controls. A switch to choose either trebble or rhythm. (I'm not sure what it's called is it a three way pickup?) I get a mega deal in this shop. I got: a (soft) gig bag, a lead, a strap. For free with this guitar. Now I'm not really one to be judging the score for this having not too much exprecience but I have been impressed with what I've got however I've heard that you can get 5 way pickup so I'll give it a...

rcdc.2
    Are there any differences in the gothic version of the stuido? I am currently getting rid of my strat and planning to get this guitar! And seeing the comments and reviews i think i'm mite just buy it! But still not sure if the gothic one is different to the normal studio?
    HighPotency
    Clearly, people comparing this to a high-end gibson have never played a high-end gibson before.
    legend shredder
    i have one of these babies, love it, couldnt live without it (well, i could live without it but u no wat i mean) only prob i have with it is that there is a bit of string buzz on the low e string but other than that it is a great lower priced, high quality guitar that is OWNED BY GIBSON, NOT A COPY. anyways it is a great guitar.
    legend shredder
    i got one of these babies and it is a great lower priced guitar that is still great quality. BTW, THIS IS NOT A COPY OF A GIBSON LES PAUL. GIBSON OWNES EPIPHONE. anyway it is a great guitar the only thing wrong with mine is a bit of string buzz on the low e but anyways it is a great guitar ^_^
    FATAROX333
    I played this at guitar center and it was amazing. You can get awesome pinch harmonics off it and the pickups are really sensitive so it's good for tapping.
    Gr33n
    Yeah this guitar is awesome. I got mine 4 X-mas and ive had no problems with it really, only that the strap fell off while I was playing it and I almost dropped it. Other than that its a very good guitar. Sounds great! Looks ok. Way better than an epi LP 100 or a epi Les paul special!! If any1 is thinking about getting this guitar buy sraplocks or a cliplock strap!!
    SaiNt adEL #13
    Ignite wrote: I have this guitar, and I HATE it. I must have got a lemon. There's a number of things wrong with it.. sent it to epiphone and they fixed everything, but one thing. If the intonation is perfect, and every string in tune, it stills plays out of tune. On certain barre chords, the B string is way off, and on other barre chords, the G string is way off. (Both sharp) I think it might have to do with the frets...
    I've had that problem w/my guitar and several of my friends guitars. you're problem is u need new strings. Martin SP+ is a great brand. they're coated with special stuff so they play like new for a long time. once u put new strings on, you should be good to go!
    SaiNt adEL #13
    i have this guitar only it's a tuxedo top and i LOVE it!!! best guitar ever! jimmy page, slash, zakk wylde, billie joe armstrong, all use this guitar! i got on the internet and got the amp settings for those guys and used this guitar, and it sounds JUST LIKE THEM!!! if ur shoppin for an electric guitar, this is it!
    SaiNt adEL #13
    Norse_Iron_King wrote: jfsj123 wrote: i get put of by epiphone because its like they are the crapper vesion of gibson. i dont know but i im not really tempted IMO. im not sayin they are crap but theyre just a tad of a ripoff of gibson imo well Gibson owns Epiphones, and they are the low-end versions of Gibsons
    epiphones have the SAME quality as gibson, seeing as they're owned by gibson, for a fraction of the price. it's a great deal to get an epiphone over a gibson.