Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Price paid: € 280

Purchased from: Musicstore.com

I play a lot of different styles and this conquers them all. From funk to gypsy jazz to singer-songwriter. It's amazing. It has a tone chamber in the body which gives it the purest tone. It's truly increible. I was up in my mates place and we were playing through his Fender 65R. He had a Fender Ash tele. I had my Les Paul set to treble. He said to my one of my pickups wasn't working when I plug her in. I strummed it and it was heard load and clear. It was so clean you just couldn't hear it till I played. It treats effects beatiful. It doesn't try it push it's own tone over it. It will harmonise with whatever effects you throw at it.

I adore this guitar. I have only been playing about two years. I got this last summer as I wanted a guitar that actually worked. I bought it online without ever playing one and I couldn't be happier with it. I will never replace this. My mate has a Fender tele, my other mate Gibson les paul and my uncle has a Fender America Strat and I think this plays and sounds better. I don't know if this guitar is a fluke but I am so glad I got it. I only regret I couldn't find it in Chamelon Green/silver. If you want a first guitar buy this. If you are looking for your tone and sound buy this. A lot of people are set in thier ways when it comes to guitars and care more about The badge I.e Fender, Gibson, Ibanez and they look down on this because it's an Epiphone, but play this guitar to them and you will blow them away.

It is so solid. Everything about this will last. It can own Live and studio playing provide you have an amp equal to it. I am getting a Fender 210R and it is a match made in heaven. Seriously I have whacked this Guitar more times then I would like to admit. But apart from one or two chips in the finsh it has held up fanastically.

Have not changed the action, internation or pickups and never will. If you are to get this guitar get it in the brown finish. I hate the lacuer they usually put over the guitars. The finish I have does not have this. This means the more you play the neck the smoother it gets. It does not get sticky or wear your hand at all like the lacuer can. The only way to make this guitar look better. Is to distemper it professionally. I usually hate distempering, but this guitar looks like a lump of beautiful wood and could only benefit from distemperment. If you can't afford this just play it to death, but that will be quite hard.

Grover tuners, Forty degree headstock, 22-Frets, The finsh is unlaminated so it is so smooth, Tune-O-Matic Bridge, 2Tone Knobs, 2Volume Knobs, Alinco Humbuckers. The forty degree headstock means that this baby always stays in tune. The thing I like about this guitar is it is so easy to access the innards. I use to have a shitty Strat thing that fell to pieces when opened. This Guitar has everything it could possibly need. If your used to playing Fender's it takes a while to get used to the neck, it's worth it it is so much easier to play bar chords on.

!BEN!
    Hey first of all, the only epiphones with vaguely nearly same quality as gibson are the high end ones. And personally this guitar was awful when i played it, its basically the low end remake of a low end gibson, so you cant expect much really, but saying that i own a gibson and i realise that it is a good beginner guitar for the price and quailty compared to others, if your not a beginner i wouldnt recommend this.