Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

When I was starting out on guitar, this was everything I could want and more. It sounded great and was a from my Squier Strat. Soon I realized how bad it really was. I play everything from rock to melodic death metal and while it is good on the light end, the farther up in heaviness I go, the weaker it gets. It was so terrible that I had and EMG 81 put into the bridge. On the other hand, the guitar has a very nice clean tone. Not the best but very good for the price. I play with a Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt ( I know, I know) and this guitar has a moderatly bright, full sound but on high volume you hear ALOT of noise. Basically, this guitar has a decenttone and sound but not the one for me.

I play heavy metal so this guitar is not a very good match at all. I have been playing for 2 years and own a spider line3 75watt amp and this guitar and a Schecter synyster gates custom and it blows this out of the water. IF this was stolen, I would NOT buy this again. My favorite feature of this guitar is its looks. My least is its cutaway, On it I can't solo life because I cannot reach the higher frets!

And the worst part is the strap buttons. ABSOULUTLY HORRIBLE! Do not EVER play standing up on this guitar without quality strap locks. After a month this guitar fell everytime I tried to play standing up. The tuners go out of tune extremely fast, and one of the knobs fell off within a week. The input jack also comes loose very fast. On the bright side the finish is of decent quality.

Oh goodness, when I got this guitar right out of the box, it was a MESS. The action was horrific to the extreme. WAY to high. Pickups where adjusted well though. It had a few marks on the fretboard to start off with and was scratched alot where the binding would be on a higher end guitar.

Made in 2008 not sure about where but I would have to guess not from the U.S.A The Guitar Has a 22 fret Rosewood Fretboard, 2 Epiphone Seymour Duncan alcino 2 humbucker pickups, a solid mahogony and alder body with a set neck. To start off, the Freboard is extremely low quality with a horrible visual appeal. But that wouldnt matter if the guitar made up for it in sound and playability. It doesnt. The sound is weak and muddy with horrible highs and the cut away is so horrible that when I play standing up, I can barely play past the 14th fret. ( To be fair, I play with my strap as low as is possible). The guitar is quite good looking though (: