Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: musician'sfriend.com

I use this guitar for a clean sound, and I play metallica on it. Its distortion sound is ok, however, it sounds a little nasalish with the Switch set to treble. I use a multi effects pedal through a PA system. With right tampering of the settings, this guitar sounds great. Its got loads of sustain. You can get a great variety of sounds just by playing with the tone settings right on the guitar. Overall a good sound with variety.

I play everything from classic rock, to heavy metal, this guitar can do them. I have been playing for about 2 years, I also own an ESP m-100fm, and a Washburn d1os. Play this guitar before you buy it! Its what's good in your hands, and to your ear. If this thing was stolen or something, I'd be lost without it for a while, then I'd probably save up for a used Gibson. Another thing, about 6 months after owning this guitar, the pickups started crackling, and lost their sustain and I had to get them fixed. It was really frustrating. I don't know if I have bad luck or what, but I hope it doesen't happen to you if you decide to buy this guitar!

This guitar will withstand live playing. However I don't like the plastic tuners. I have played this in a show without backup. The stap buttons were solid however I replaced them with straplocks, but the buttons were completely fine. The finish, I would say, will last and not wear off easy.

When I first got the guitar out of the box, the bridge pickup was sticking out and the neck one was way in. When I got it out of the box, also, it was almost in tune and it stays in tune very well. I think the pickups were installed carelessly, that all though. I didn't notice any other flaws with the construction.

Its a 2009, chineese ep.22 frets, and a white finish (there are other colors) that is resistant to damge.les paul body style, w/ passive pickups. It got everthing a les has got, the bridge style, its got a pickguard, mahogany neck, its got two tone selectors and two volume ones for each pickup, plus the pickup selector(rythem/treble). And if you buy the alpine white one, it comes with gold harware.