Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

I play everything from rock to death metal and it's been excellent ever since I switched the pickups to EMG HZ's, tuners to Gibson tuners, and put in a new stereo output jack. When I practice I play through a Peavey vyper and a Boss me-25. Live I play through the me-25 and a PA system. It used to have a little hum, but the output jack fixed that. Good all around tone. Pinch harmonics cut through the mix with ease. This is a very good all around guitar. Pinch and natural harmonics are clear, chords are clean, power chords are aggressive with distortion. It's my favorite guitar.

Great guitar for me. Can handle all styles of rock and metal I play, and sounds very good when my friends play blues, death metal, and whatever they feel like. I've been playing for five years now, and have a Yamaha acoustic, epi LP Jr. And Demon V, a Jackson King V, and my own personal build. I already stated my stage and practice setups, with the exception of I occasionally will play with my crybaby in the effect string. I could never replace my baby if it were stolen. But I would definitely buy another once I get the money. The only thing I hate is the fact that I drilled holes in it for a bigsby (which I'm going to put back on soon). I've compared this to everything, even the Gibson model of this guitar, and this is just as good or better than most of them. I'd say it's almost as good as a PRS guitar. The only thing I wish it had would be a floyd rose... And now Epiphone has a Les Paul model with a Floyd Rose. Easily the best guitar I own and great for the price.

Great stage guitar. The hardware will last. I switched the strap buttons for Dunlop straplocks so they'll definitely last. Very dependable. If I'm not playing this when I'm on stage it is my backup guitar. Otherwise it does not need a backup, unless you snap strings often. The finish has lasted with the corners showing a little wear. Keep in mind I've been playing this guitar everyday for the past four years. This is the most durable guitar I own. I love it.

The action was perfect. Pickups were properly set-up. The only flaw I can remember was the wires in the control cavity were not organized. I had to physically follow the wires I wanted to remove. And the stock pickups were very noisy. All in all easy to make perfect.

Bought mine in 2006. Not sure where it was made, probably Korea. 22 frets, 24 3/4 scale, and the neck is pretty thick, but not too thick. Solid top, basswood body, mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard. Black with chrome hardware, tune-o-matic bridge, passive pickups, 3-way selector switch, neck and bridge pickup volume and tone pots. H-H configuration, Epiphone humbuckers. Epi non-locking tuners. No accessories. Stock I give it an 8, but with Gibson tuners, new electronics, and new pickups I give it a 10.

JohnnyApplecore
    Epiphone is to Gibson as Squier is to Fender, only difference is, Epiphones are waaaay nicer than Squiers. I own the Custom alpine white LP Studio, and I'm thoroughly pleased, personally.
    Metal Haven
    I have a deluxe studio les paul its a great guitar. The deluxe is like a costom studio and it sonds nice you can use it for any type of music. I am up grading the pickups to Alnico 2 Pro Slash Aph-2 pickups