Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

This is an OK guitar- you can definitely hear that it's a Les Paul. The guitar has little feedback even while playing with some real drive. It's almost too clear though, it doesn't have that gritty feel I like with guitars. It doesn't excel in any style, but it isn't bad at any style.

I play anything from 60s Rock to Heavy Metal, and this guitar can do almost anything I try. Despite that, the sound is pretty weak and I think it was worth it for the price. If it was stolen or lost, I probably would get a higher quality guitar, because this one is just, in a world of guitar flavors, it's just... Vanilla.

This guitar is pretty solid. The pickups are pretty consistent, and my only complaint is that the strap buttons slip too much. I oftentimes find myself afraid to take my hands off the guitar, in case it falls. Other than that, I'd say it's definitely a solid guitar.

I got this guitar out of the box and it was pretty bad. It may have just been the time of year, but the neck of the guitar wasn't straight. I went back to guitar center and they messed around with the Truss Rod, and got me fixed up in a few minutes. I also had to lower the rhythm pickup a bit to get a good sound. The other problem I had was that the Tone knob sounded a bit strange when I turned it, I brought it to guitar center, the technician messed with it a bit, and it was good as new. Another problem I have is that just about every screw on this guitar gets loose at some point- The tuning pegs, the output jack, even the pickguard.

This guitar has 22 rosewood frets, with two humbucklers and a tune-o-matic bridge. It also has a 3 way selector.