Les Paul Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio

This guitar is just amazing! It fits anything I play, because you can get from jazz sounds, blues sounds and even get to a metal perfectly. The Bridge pickup is really HOT and you can punch a lot of gain through it, or go clean and it sound perfect. The neck pickup isnt that HOT but its ok, I wish it could give the same performance as the Bridge one but still a great pickup. I'm using a Line 6 Pod HD and it sound great with it cause you can conbine any sound you want and the guitar wont fail. The pickups haven't made any noise or hum for now but still I will change them for a set of Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro. This guitar has the classic Les Paul sound, really warm and dense.

I've been playing for 6 years and I play any style, from jazz to metal, and this guitar delivers, I can go from a bb king sound to a Slash sound and this thing will rock anything you play on it, I also have an Ibanez S470 and its quite a difference in the neck and weight but you get completely another universe of tones, for a very nice price tag. If this guitar were stolen, I would buy another one, or the Standard one, because I just love the feel of this guitars. I compared this instrument with a Epi Dot and a Fender Jaguar Blacktop made in Mexico and the Les Paul Studio wins by far! You get a wide variety of tones and combination you wont get from another guitars and its very affordable. This guitar is just perfect for the price, it has a superb tuning stability, the only thing I will change will be the strapbuttons to strap locks, and the pickups for a pair of Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II. Great guitar for $400!

This guitar feels meaty! It feels like its going to last forever! With its chunky neck and mahogany body I think I could break things with it, the hardware seems strong enough to bear with a messy live show. The strap buttons are reaaally insecure, nearly useless so if you jump to much you might want to get strap locks beacause the guitar will fall with any agressive movement. The guitar seems dependable, it wont go out of tune even with rough treatment, but you could always break a string so always carry a backup guitar. The finish looks hard, but also seem like it will chip away with a fall, so try not to hit the guitar.

The action was actually perfect right out of the box, the action was the way I like it, the neck was perfect straight, the only thing I had to adjust were the pickups cause they were a little low for my taste. The only flaw I found in the guitar is that the Bridge volume pot wasn't tight enough and it moved a bit, but nothing that can't be fixed with a wrench.

This is a 2010 Les Paul Studio from Epiphone made in China, it has 22 frets, a very chunky neck profile and its all mahogany, from body to neck and rosewood fingerboard, it has a gloss black finish, and its a fingerprint magnet, so you have to clean it every 5 minutes. It has the arch top and the Epiphone locking Tune-o-Matic bridge, with two passive open coil Epiphone pickups with 2 vols/2tones and a three way selector. I was really surprised when I found it had Grover tuners I never thought the studios came with that machine heads too. The packaging wasn't to bad, the also gave me one 1/4 cable, a poster and a Epiphone sticker.

guitarhoarder
    This is a very fun guitar to play. Tons of sustain and distortion. It has a fizzy, sweet sound to me. Good for thrashing around with power chords and playing hendrixian/blue cheerish solos. The sound from the pick ups is a little thin compared to a higher quality guitar. It would probably benefit from improved pickups like Seymour Duncans as other reviewers have mentioned. But I wonder if the Seymour Duncans would deliver the same distortion/sustain. Probably. I have a Gibson Studio, and I prefer the feel of this guitar altho the Gibson does have a darker, fuller sound of course (but not the cool fizzy sustain of the Epiphone). I have the laquer finish model with trapezoid inlays. Personally I like the laquer finish. The action and playability of the neck is very comfortable. This is definitely a guitar that is comfortable and rocks out. I have taught teenagers with this guitar and they have a very strong positive reaction to this guitar.
    schniepel89x
    Great guitar... better than the Gibson LP Studio, imho. The Gibson's neck pickup sounded muddy on distortion and chords. This one is just awesome.