Les Paul Studio Chameleon review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio Chameleon

Purchased from: guitar.eskildsen

The sounds is great. It's rich and has almost a friendly sound. I play a lot of hard rock and punk rock and it comes out on top everytime. I use a DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal and it sounds really good with this guitar. It's not particularly noisy either, great for playing inside. I think this guitar has a huge variety of sounds as I've learned from playing different styles to see how it would cope, and it did very well.

Overall this guitar is great. It's great sound and reliability. It's amazing one of a kind paint. And it's stunningly beautiful appearance. I've been playing for about a year and a half on a Peavey Rapter EXP Plus and I've played a lot of guitars since then. I've played a real Gibson Les Paul and I have to say given the choice I would take this Les Paul over the Gibson, or in fact most guitars. If it were stolen I don't know what I would day besides try and get another one. I love it's paint. The reaction on peoples faces is amazing when they see it change colour. I've seen it sitting next to a normal Epiphone Les Paul and the difference is incredible. I love playing Punk and hard rock, as well as some Alternative. Green Day, Nirvana, Counting Crows that kind of thing and it's just pulls them of so well.

This guitar is like a rock. It's really Durable. it's been knocked accidentally, quite hard a few times and it's come off without a scratch. I think the hardware will last a good long time and the strap buttons feel like they have been wielded on. I would definitely use this at a gig without a backup (considering my backup would be my old and lovable Peavey Rapter EXP Plus) and I would still pick the Chameleon. It's finish feels great and doesn't look like it's going to wear off, which makes it feel really worth the cost.

This guitar was quite well set up I think, though someone had tightened the A string to snapping point which it did just about right after I got it. In fact some of the strings were pretty tight when I got it which made it very hard to tune considering the high E and D strings were really loose and the the others were far to tight. Otherwise it's still perfectly in one piece, nothing loose or falling off. The pickups were very well adjusted and I didn't have to do anything to them when I got it.

This guitar is the same as a normal Epiphone Les Paul Studio, 22 jumbo frets, 2 Alniko Humbuckers, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, alder body. But there's something it has the the normal Studio doesn't. The paint! The paint on this thing is amazing. It was rightly named Chameleon. Depending on which way you look at it, this guitar is either blue, green, purple and in some rare occasions golden/brown. There is a downside for those buying it for the way it looks. All the pictures of it I've seen show a lovely blue guitar. Whereas the real thing is different colours and actually doesn't resemble the guitar in the pictures.

K_Parker
    say5ss2 wrote: u would choose this over a Gibson?
    Most of us can't dish out $1600 dollars for a Gibson. Epiphones are great guitars. I love the colour on this one.
    Abandoned67
    say5ss2 wrote: u would choose this over a Gibson?
    with gibson your paying for a fancy name on the headstock.
    starzsp
    yes i would choose it over a Gibson, Its lovely, Gibson dont make a Gibson Chameleon. Its special to me and i wouldnt take a Gibson if i was offered it in exchange, ok maby a really good Gibson
    Kim-Petersen
    Yes a Gibson is nice both in sound and look and it's really something to show off but a Epiphone is just as good it's the name. Its like choosing whatever you want a ferrari and can't afford anythind else or buy a volkswagen and be able to live afterwards. I had exactly the same debate with a teacher when i told i odered a Crate GLX1200 amp i said the reason i did'nt choose a Marshall half stack instead was because i thought it was a big waste of money. And Gibson owns Epiphone so its the question if you want the real deal or a great copy.
    Anno[fzk]
    Abandoned67 wrote: say5ss2 wrote: u would choose this over a Gibson? with gibson your paying for a fancy name on the headstock.
    yep, true story. i haven't heard any other reason to get a Gibson.
    mr_sinistah
    mad as! i like it, i'd get it in like a red/orange/yellow or even a purple with black and what not can you get other colours? Pretty psychadelic!
    bokuho
    crackereast wrote: alder body
    Actually, it's a mahogany body. It's not good mahogany, but mahogany none the less.
    ExDeath
    when i read chamilian i got excited thinking blending in like a chamilian does. So i thought Fu Manchu style plexi guitars. I thought that would be a sick lp
    0h The Horror
    crackereast : alder body
    nah. Adler's has nicer wood, aaaand this is just kinda stupid feeling.
    starzsp
    AchillesCore wrote: its not "flip flop" its pearlescent.
    its flip flop, pearlescent is slighly different.
    starzsp
    yea there were 4 colours a one of limited version thats silver blue Blue/Green Bronze/Salmon Green/ something or other i cant remember lol