Les Paul Studio Chameleon review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Studio Chameleon

Okay so lets get to the stuff that matters... so can we atleast tyr to get past the fact that it chnges colors? So I play anything from blues to pop to 80's rock. Now I don't think Slash would use this guitar but I think he would approve of the tone you can get on this baby. I am currently using my other christmas gift with it a Washburn Bad dog amp and my christmas gift from last year a Line 6 Pocket POD. Now the guitar and the amp alone can give you anything from a clean choir boy sound to a snarling blood thirty hound. mix in the pocket POD and you wont have to worry about hearing-aids because you wont have ears left!

Like I said the guitar is totally transversal... you can play anything with this baby. This guitar makes your ears Hurt... when you STOP listening to it. The only thing I wish it had was a middle pick-up, seeing as it's my main pick-up. but other than that you can't ask for a better guitar... That changes color. okay now you can go stare at it some more.

Well the guitar is heavy so no air guitar move you hear me? The guitar seems almost fit enough to go onto a stage without a musician. The hardware seems good, you may need to upgrade the pick-ups... MAY! The strp buttons are well in tact and there is no fear of breakage. I can see this being the only guitar I would use at a gig... if I didn't use so many different tunings. And the finish is wonderfull... no chances of it wearing off anytime soon.

so far the guitar was well put together. pick-ups are near perfect. i mean it was almost in perfect tune. nothing wrong with at all. I fine that the bridge was properly routed. nothing was misaligned. it's as if les paul made it himself. you can hardly the pick-up selector.the fret wire is amazingly filed. the tunnig pegas are very tight. hold maybe if i disect the guitar i'll find something worng with it.

This guitar is a discontinued limited edition made in 2007. I believe it was handcrafted in China(at least that's what the sticker says).It's neck is one of the fastest necks I've ever played. It has 22 rosewood Jumbo frets with Dot inlays. though when it comes to Dot inlays on Les pauls... I really don't like them. The body has a laminated top! The body is made of mahogany as is the neck. Also the finish come in three shifting colors, Blue/Green, Bronze/salmon and silver/lime. The pearlesent colors give that much more to the unique-ness of this guitar. The pick-ups are alnico classic 3-way humbuckers. Your given a volume for your "rythym" pick-up and you "treble" pick-up. Now I'm not all that "in tuned" with the brands of tuners(no pun Intended... okay so maybe it was)so all I can really tell you is that they are Grover tuners. Did I mention that the guitar changes colors?

bucketheadbukut
    i couldnt find one on guitarcenter of musiciansfriend.com other than amazon or eba, were could i find one?
    caelan
    I'm getting a new guitar soon and I'm trying to decide between saving up longer for this guitar or get either the normal studio or les paul 100 which is cheaper than both.I've been playing for a year now on my brothers guitar and i want 1 of my own, i play lots of solos such as the stairway to heaven bridge solo and want a good tone to get the solo sounding good. any suggestions?