Les Paul Tribute Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Tribute Plus

Purchased from: Sky Music

This Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Outfit was made in 2013. The Les Paul has got 22 standard size (not jumbo) frets. The Les Paul has got a beautiful carved top. Which is also solid contrary to popular belief :p. It also has a flamed maple top which is book matched perfectly thank you very much. It has a Les Paul style body (no-duh. Who made these questions?) It's also got a Locktone Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stopbar which I have not had any trouble, with so far, though I've only had it for two months at the time of writing. It has active electronics. Which work. Very well. It's got two volume knobs and two tone knobs for the pickups and the tones are the knobs which are the push and pull coil tap knobs. It's also got a three-way pickup selector, which seems right for a two pickup guitar and it has coil tap which I mentioned before. It comes with Grover locking tuners stock and they haven't gone out of tune on me while I was playing (but the guitar is new) It came with a case, tools, poster, sticker and it has a lifetime warranty. Pretty good for the cash if I say so myself.

This suits my music style really well since I play punk rock, grunge, classic rock and some rockabilly. I is a Yamaha GA-15 amp and it sounds beautiful coming from such a shoddy amp. No effects except a Behringer Vintage Phaser sometimes. It's onto noisy if you want it to be noisy (and I love it when it's noisy). I keep treble at 9, bass at 7 and mid at 6. It's got a beautiful full sound and it's not really bright but bright enough. The guitar has a very wide variety of sounds since it has coil tap, which makes my humbuckers into single coils basically. I don't really keep the coil tap on but I use to when I want to keep the neighbours happy. It's got a great variety of tones and with a better selection of pedals it would be the best guitar for the price.

When I got the guitar the action was pretty high (but that was cause Sky Music didn't alter it) and it's really simple to drop the action on the guitar. It literally took me 5 minutes and I'm pretty new to guitars. The pickups were adjusted well to what I liked. I admit that the neck pickup wit too perfectly for me and I needed to heighten it, but otherwise it's beautiful. The top is perfect. Literally. It looks like one piece when I know it isn't. As good as a Gibson! Definitely! I couldn't find any faults with the bridge but like I said, I'm pretty new to this. I couldn't find any flaws with the guitar other than it doesn't say Gibson on the headstock. It really should though cause the quality of it is so immense.

This guitar would definitely withstand live playing. Even mine. Cause I jump around the stage and I go insane but it could definitely work. The strap buttons seem solid but I'm not going to risk it so I'll get some solid strap locks. I can definitely depend on it. I wouldn't use a backup. And the finish is beautiful. Gibson quality. Maybe better. What can I say? I'm an Epiphone guy. But the finish would really withstand my playing. And my playing is horrible. Even if the finish wouldn't withstand it, I would love to see it worn out. Worn out guitars look sick as.

This guitar definitely suits my style of music since I play punk rock, classic rock, grunge, rockabilly and progressive rock. This guitar is definitely a perfect match. I have been playing for a year and a half and I own a Behringer Vintage Phaser pedal, Yamaha EG112C electric guitar and a Yamaha GA-15 amp. There's nothing I wish that I'd asked before I bought this product other than "where can I get Seymour Duncan pickups?". If it were stolen, I'd definitely buy another one. I love everything about it, the tone, the looks, the overall feel, and the look that everyone has when they see that this quality guitar has Epiphone on the headstock. I hate nothing about it. Except that it should have P-90s but I don't hate it cause of that. My favourite feature isn't really a feature. It's just the playability, it's so easy to play and anyone could fix it up. I compared it to a Gibson Studio and the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I chose this because the finish and the wood was better quality than the Gibson and the Epiphone and the pickups were Gibson '57s so I took it. I think it's sorta rare to find an Epiphone stock with Gibson pickups in it. I still wish it had P-90s though... But I'm working on it:)

zsolt.derek
    This guitar is really a perfect one, but it does not have active pickups. I know, I have one.
    Raffii
    I was in need of the guitar with les Paul sound. I got the Tribute with 57 pickups, but I am very disapointed. So bad quality. Frets not polished, two are buzzing, neck binding hand polished, probably by drunk people or sleep deprivated. I am used to Ibanez quality. The cheepest Gio Ibanez was much better quality than this high moddel of epiphone.