Les Paul Ultra review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra

Purchased from: Piens

My main kind of music is rock, emo and punk. And I must say it suits those styles very well! I was gonna change the pickups with some seymour duncans but for the time being I'm gonne leave the stock ones in, they sound really great. I drive it thru a Hughes And Kettner Matrix 100. It has a very nice clean sound when using the treble pickup and a warm full sound using the bridge pickup. Kick in the distortion and you'll be blown away. Screaming solo's, mindblazing riffs. This little workhorse can take it. The hollow spacing in the body really adds some body to the sound. It makes it easier to feedback. This little guitar sounds like a 3000 Euro Gibson!

To sum it all up I can say that this guitar is perfect for my style of music, rock, emo, punk. It is also very well suited for some blues. Shredders could better find themselves something different. I'v been playing the guitar for quite a few years now and I've own a few guitars... When I play my Gibson Les Paul Classic and then I play the same thing on the Epi Les Paul Ultra, you can't almost hear the difference. Due to the hollow spaces in the body the sound is a bit fuller and warmer but still it is a steal for that kind of money. If it was stolen I would buy a new one for sure! Before I've bought this I've compared it with the PRS SE Singlecut. This is also a very good guitar but a bit more pricey and it's just not a Les Paul.

I've bought this guitar as a backup for my LTD EC-400AT, but know I'm using the Les Paul as my main guitar on stage. It's really well suited for Live use ans I'e never needed a backup (but I still bring it you never know). It's build to last, of course you have got to take care of it but if you do, it will last ya a lifetime. The strap-ns where solid but I've replaced them with some Dunlop Straploks! This is a little workhorse you can depend on, I would use this without a backup but just always bring one just in case!

The setup was really good but could use some fine tuning, this was all taken care of by the people from Piens. They know they're guitars! The action is perfect, no deadspots what'soever. The guitar top is perfect, there are no flaws and believe me I've looked carefully.

Shizzster
    Letsrun98
    Ive had the same problem with the strap knobs coming loose but it was fixed for free if you call gibson and. The screw the strap knob near the neck stripped the wood but again it was fixed. This really is an amazing guitar for the price i got mine for 500 dollars new
    Ibanezax372
    Shizzster wrote: lol people really like to argue , all i know is that i have this guitar and i have had it for a bout 2 years now, it sounds awsome, and looks awsome and has really nice playability, it cost me about 800 bucks which isnt bad. the only problems ive had with it are the strap knobs gettin loose which was easily fixed and the selector switch nut somehow got striped and the switch eneded up in the guitar (im guessing someone jumped on it while it was in the case or something i really dont noe ), it also got loose prettey often before this but i found another nut and tightend it real good and havent had a problem since. when i got it the jack was loose and kept coming loose but it just needed a reall good tighten havent had a problem since the action was perfect when i got it. awsome guitar for the money, cheers.
    You paid way to much money. I got mine for a little less than $500 at Guitar Center. It's an o.k les paul, I prefer the standards though.