Les Paul Ultra review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra

Overall, it is very quiet (hum), wide variety of sounds, ranging from a bluesy twang to a thick jazz tone. The bridge pickup is very bright, and brings out pinch harmonics wonderfully. I would stay away from clean with the bridge. I use the neck pickup for clean all the time. It sounds similar to middle position, but with less twang. It handles distortion very nicely. Roll back the tone knob for a hollow-body jazz tone. The middle position is my personal favorite. It sounds very twangy, and is great for everything, yes, everything.

I play basically everything, and I think this is the best guitar for that style. It is extremely versatile if you think about it. The only thing it might not be able to do is, actually it does do everything. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely be bummed. However you can get a used Gibson SG for 500 bucks, so I would probably buy that.

I think this guitar will be able to handle any gig. The finish seems like it's here to stay, I've had it for about a year and a half now, with absolutely no wear. I've dropped it many times, but it has never chipped or anything.

Perfect condition, no problems here. May I just say that the top is beautiful- on mine. I've seen some really ugly ones with tons of yellow in the middle, and a touch of red on the edges. Make sure you see a picture if you buy it online. I was a little worried when the pickups got all dirty, but I just put some rubbing alcohol on them and they were like little golden mirrors. The jack fell into the guitar once because it wasn't tightened enough, but I just got it out and tightened the hell out of it. It's not going anywhere now.

First, I will be pointing out some of the worst qualities of this guitar, as the other reviews are all the same. The knobs are crap. They are hard to turn and seem to get a bunch of stuff stuck in them all the time. Epiphone "quality" really shines through when you open up the control cavity. The wires have tons of slack left in them, and are just all over the place. Admittedly, this does not cause any problems until you want to rewire it, but Epiphone's wiring just pales in comparison to Gibson's. Other then that, great guitar.

qstionauthority
    It screwed up my review, please refer to this for the "Sound" section. Bridge=trebly... Neck=I use this for clean all the time Middle=My personal favorite... I know people are going to say it wasn't helpful because the sound section is screwed up. I hope they read this first
    Chevron34
    LP ultra is different from the standard in both Gibson and Epiphone so you can't really compare them too heavily. However, in my opinion, ultra is a very good deal. For its 400$-700$ cost you get an amazingly great sounding guitar on both pickups with a much lighter weight. I use this over standards, and other kinds of electrics like strats and definately that bc rich