Les Paul Ultra review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra

When I got this guitar I was really into playing rock. Stuff like ac/dc, randy rhoads stuff, led zeppelin. Classics. it's a les paul. It sounds great doing practically everything. Now I play heavier stuff and the guitar still sounds great. I play out of a Line 6 spider III with an rp-80 effects pedal (the effects aren't all that good, a Boss ds-1, a Boss metal zone and a Dunlop wah. the les paul has a full sounds no buzz. Sounds great even after a year I still love the guitar. It sounds great with a meatl setting, clean tone and the fuzz is awesome. You can really get a wide variety of sounds. whatever you play this guitar can handle.

I really love this guitar. This was the guitar that made me fall in love with les pauls all over again. I don't play with a pick guard and after taking it off I fell in love with the guitar again because I got to see more of the beautiful quilt-top finish. This guitaris up there with my DKMG and sounds maybe even better. it's a great les paul for the price just as good as those Gibson studio models or the Gibson vixen or bfg. I would buy this guitar again if I lost it (how would I do that? ) or if it got stolen which I doubt it ever will! the only thing I wich is that epiphones quality was up there with the american made guiitars but it's getting there. Epiphone recently upped there price on most of there guitar so this ones up to $660 US online or $800 canadian at Long and mcquade. I love this thing. it's a real great guitar. One of the only good sounding affordable epiphones.

I've had this thing for a while. I've dropped it a bunch scratched it with pliers when changing the strings even re-finished the 19th fret. The guitar still looks great. I will say though that some of the gold hardware loos like it's starting to fade. The grovers are anyway, and I would want to change the alnico's to EMG so the guitar would really sing. I really love this guitar and use it for lots og things. it's a really great guitar. My friend had an Epiphone Les Paul Standard it was black and he kept it in a gig-bag and one day after brining it home from school we found the neck near the headstock slashed and almost completely off. We didn't know why but maybe les pauls in general are prone to accidents. I've heard a lot of stories of gibsons and Epiphone les paul necks getting chipped or snapped off somehow but as for me no problems so far. Thank God.

I got the guitar at long and mcquade and the only thing I had a problem with was the action. It wasn't the greatest. Slightly high near the twelveth fret but yah not that bad. The neck pickup I had to adjust to be closer to the string once or twice but that's about it. I would really love to change them to EMG 81 60's one day. I love the finish. This guitar has an eye catching finish. My friend called it a cheeto Orange. The back and the neck are a bright Orange that looks really cool. I love playing the un-finished neck. Now I just can't buy a guitar without an un-finished neck it feels amazing. I play this thing a lot on stage and people have commented saying it looks great. Real flashy.

This guitar was made in Korea. 22 frets. Gold hardware. INCREDIBLE finish. I really love quilt tops and this ones a real beauty. Tube-o-matic bridge. Alnico hot pickups. Standard les paul controls. nad it's chambered, making it lighter then the Standard les pauls by 2-3 pounds!

DeadlyKombat
    Onram wrote: your all gay pick up a bcrich and play a mans guitar
    I'd rather not accidentally impale myself with my guitar. Anywho, choice of guitar is up to the musician, not you. I prefer a warm Les Paul overdrive sound. But dont get me wrong, a BC Rich "Metal up ur Ass" sound is fun to tinker around with too.
    MetalManiac_86
    Looks real nice, like to give one of these a whirl sometime. I'll stick with melting faces off with my Epi LP Prophecy EX for now though! haha
    Cheeseman Jay
    Let It Be0o0
    Cheeseman Jay wrote: It looks really nice. 1 question; would it be seen as cheap/sacrilige to own an Epiphone Les Paul before a Gibson? It might sound stupid but I have some really tight-arsed friends.
    Well Gibsons are pretty damn expensive so unless u can afford 1, get an Epiphone first. Besides some Epiphones are even better than Gibsons. Well sometimes but Epiphones have a detachable neck which is nice and the frets feel smoother along the side of the neck.
    uberhyped
    If you're looking for that ballsy LP sound, don't get this. The chambered body really sucks the balls out of this one.