Les Paul Ultra review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra

When I went out to get my first guitar, I knew that I would end up playing a wide variety of music, and I do. The Bridge pickup is great for playing high tone distortion and the neck pickup is perfect for playing thicker and clearer notes. The neck pickup stands out most to me when I play higher note. It's got a very distinct sound to it. I just use a Fender Frontman 25R, pretty basic stuff. The only unwanted noise it makes is the lower frets on the 6th strings buzz a little bit, but it's not very significant. Like I said before, The neck pickup give the warm, rich tone, and teh Bridge pickup is great for distortion and high pitch/tone. This guitar has a very wide variety. I would reccoment it to anyone.

Like I've said before, I play almost every style, and It hasn't let me down yet. I have been playing for 4 years, and I've had this guitar for 3 of them. Before this I had a Squire Telecaster. It was pretty good for being $150 or so. I own that, and a Dean Edge bass which I bough for $130 used about 3 weeks ago (also very good for the price). Nope, I walked into the store, picked this up and bough it. I didn't even consider anything else. I would probably buy it again, but I migh buy something else just to experiment with other styles and brands. I love everything about it, don't hate anything, and don't have any favourite features. I do with sometimes that Gibson made guitars like this! :)

Oh yeah. This can definitly withstand live playing. My grandfather accidentally sprayed alot water on the humbuckers and it didn't even phase them. This was probably just my fault for playing with it too much, but in the 3-way selector, a wire came loose and it wouldn't do anything when I switched to the neck pickup. After it re-tightened the Switch though, it worked again. The strap buttons are very solid, no problems there. Yes, it's very dependable. I don't think that the finish will come off without a fight. You would have to really scratch it up with like a mace to ruin the finish.

I didn't change any of the action or string guage. It was low enough for me to play fast solos/riffs, and high enough for me to still play slower open chord songs without fret buzz. I only raised the pickup close enough so that where ever I played, the strings wouldn't touch them. The only flaws that I found were there were a few tiny dimples in the finish and the edge of the finish looked like the finish was trimmed too deeply in the cutaway. Like, there is a clear coating of something over the finish, and there were the flaws in that. They weren't actually in the finish its self.

I would guess that this guitar was made in 2008? I'm not quite sure. It was also made in Korea, I'm pretty sure. It has 22 frets, 24.75" scale. Set hard maple nack (satin finish) with rosewood fret board. Quilted maple top (faded cherry sunburst). Body-contoured and single cutaway, chambered body (very light weight). Tune-O-Matic bridge. There's a 3-way selector, top position is for the neck pickup, middle for both, and bottom for bridge. 4 knobs. 2 for volume, 2 for tone. Alnico Classic and Classic Plus humbuckers. Grover tuners. No accessories included. All gold hardware. I wouldn't change any of these features even if I could. 10/10. 5 gold stars. The whole 9 yards.

guitarist41
    grapist wrote: i love how ultimate-guitar is full of 12 year olds loving their 500$ guitars and rating them straight 10s because they got "da br00tz".
    STFU.
    Minimallamb
    dimebag_420 wrote: Onram wrote: your all gay pick up a bcrich and play a mans guitar **** Yeah
    Is this trolling? BC Rich guitars are just to try and make you LOOK more heavy than everyone else and the majority of their own designs are too over the top.I play a lot of heavy metal but I don't see the appeal, I'm fine playing my Squire Tele and Fender Jag (: