Les Paul Ultra III review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra III

On this guitar it has Epiphone ProBucker-2 and the Epiphone ProBucker-3 both sound great! I use this guitar for mostly everything (considering its my Favourite in my house). But it is also great for a church because it is not to crunchy, very sweet and can be an acoustic! This guitar is also good for playing with a band and recording at the same time because of the way you can have two outputs at once, you can put one output into your amp and the other into your mixer board to record right into your computer.

My overall impression is this guitar is amazing! I could easily compare it to other Gibsons I played! That's why I love Epiphone because its a great quality guitar with a reasonable price, there's no need to save for months to get a good guitar. If this thing was ever stolen or lost, buying a new one would be my first priority. The only thing I wish it had is... Um I'm not sure because it does everything, although what would make it even more amazing if it had sustenance pick-ups on it, because then it would surely be the only guitar you will ever need anywhere.

This guitar is very durable, I have another Epiphone that the strap falls off a ll the time and I think the strap only fell off once and it was during practice, and this is definitely like I said before if you are going somewhere and you only have room for one guitar TAKE THIS ONE! It is amazing with no need for a backup at all.

The guitar set-up is good it is very light and very comfortable, its perfrect for just sitting around and playing with. I got the midnight blue, and it looks amazing! At first I wasn't sure but when I went to guitar center it was defintly the best finish with no mistakes at all.

This guitar is amazing, here is a list of the general features: - Body material: Mahogany - Top material: AAA flame maple veneer - Neck material: Mahogany - Neck shape: SlimTaper; D profile - Neck joint: Glued-In; Mortise and Tenon - Fingerboard material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl trapezoid inlays - Front controls: 3-way pickup selector, neck pickup volume control, bridge pickup volume control, NanoMag pickup volume with push-push A/B switch, master tone, Chromatic Tuner: On/Off Switch, A-G LED note Indicators - Outputs: 1/4" Mono (both signals blended), 1/4" Stereo, USB - Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (cream), Body - 1 ply (cream) - Frets: 22 medium-jumbo - Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic/Stopbar - Hardware: Nickel - Machine heads: Grover 16:1 Tuners This guitar is built for if you can only take one guitar somewhere you choose this guitar because its not only an electric guitar it can be acoustic or both! Plus it has a built in tuner so you can tune right on the spot (when tuning no sound will come out of your amp).

K33nbl4d3
    no need for a backup at all
    Nope. That's not true of any guitar ever.
    guitar67
    You all are too critical! Shit, Hendrix started out playing a F $&&in' Broom you pansies!
    bigMaor
    "if you are going somewhere and you only have room for one guitar TAKE THIS ONE! It is amazing with no need for a backup at all" Still gave it 6 on Reliability & Durability (LOL)
    all_things_end
    I bought one of these and i really do love it. it isn't really a master of any one thing but is very versatile which is perfect if you're like me and play a wide range of music
    MaggaraMarine
    I don't know if all the features this guitar has are necessary. Like I wouldn't need my guitar to have a built in tuner. Or USB option. You could buy a multi FX pedal if you want to record. I don't know... This guitar isn't just for me. Too much technology inside the guitar.
    L2112Lif
    It has a piezo which gives acoustic-like sounds. I had the Ultra-II which was a fairly... Well, it was a versatile guitar missing some key pieces. Pieces which, ultimately, kept it off a majority of my music. They supposedly fixed the jackplate problem by making it out of metal this time around, and I severely hope... HOPE, that they fixed the bracing problems I encountered for the chambered body.
    SOADplayer2
    No negative comment on action, fit and finish and it gets a 7? and you put reliability and durability down to a 6 because the strap fell off once during practice? sounds odd to me..
    jrodgers
    Damnit Epiphone! Since I bought my Ultra 1 two years ago, theyve since already rolled out the 2 and 3 with all these extra features I want. At least mine has the gold hardware that these Ultra 3's don't come with