Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Silverburst review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

So far I've been playing a lot of hard rock and metal. It sounds great with distortion (But not too high gain). Clean is beautiful, especially with delay. And overall, with this guitar I feel like I could play in almost any genre. I like using the bridge pickup for the distorted sounds as well as leads, but the neck pickups it perfect for chords and strumming. Very warm and full sound. But I mosltly use the bridge because I like the brighter sound that it gives off, but still warm.

This guitar will do well by certain rock standards, but it isn't good for loads of distortion. So I might consider changing the pickups sooner or later. My other guitar is an ESP LTD F-100FM (wrote a review for that as well) and this Epi is far better then that. Even though I'm playing through a Spider 2 amp, everything is great. I love the sound I get. I'm a Tool fan, and when I play the intro to "Right In Two" with the right delay setting on my amp, it sounds just like the album, I swear to god! And if anyone tries to steal this guitar I will cut thier face. I mean it. I think what I love the most about it is the look. I don't think you can find another Silverburst Les Paul in this price range. This is a great value. Get this guitar before it becomes a collectors item.

I've only had this guitar a little over a week now, but I think this would be my main guitar on stage. I think my Epi will hold up well on stage. But it would be wise to always have a back up. With a Planet Waves strap, I'll never have to worry about dropping this guitar. As long as take care of it (and I will) I think this guitar will last me a good long while.

It plays very nicely. Feels very natural. The guitar is fairly light weight and is very easy to play. I was shocked. I bought this guitar online, which means I didn't have the chance to play it before I bought it (you should never do that) but I was very very pleased. And this is a beautiful guitar as well. The Silverburst finish is what had sold it to me, and it looks way better in person! The only thing I found wrong with it is a slight buzzing at the 3rd fret, 5th string. Hardly a problem.

With the same vaunted visual vibe of the original, this Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul has all the fixin's 5-ply top, back, and headstock binding; bound rosewood fretboard; split Diamond mother-of-pearl headstock inlay; and 4-ply pickguard. And it's got something special a brilliant silverburst finish set off by chrome hardware. Dual humbuckers on an alder top with mahogany back and set neck. Other then that: 22 frets, creme binding, 2 chrome covered alnico pickups, Grover tuners (non-locking I think), 2 vol, 2 tone, and 3-way selector switch. And it came with a cable and I bought a hard shell case along with it.

PaperStSoapCo
    also, the price was $550 US, and "Action" should have been a 9, not a 10. my mistake im being very anal. im sorry
    PaperStSoapCo
    i forgot to mention that the tuners dont stay in tune when i leave it in the case. but oh well. it hasnt been a major problem in the last few days. I'm also glad to be the first person to review this guitar. there is so much more to be said for it, i just couldnt find the right words. other reviews on the website where i bought it place this guitar above some Gibson models. i cant say that for sure, but i think anyone who is lucky enough to get their hands on this Epi will be pleasantly surprized.
    martylm
    i got this guitar too, it is awesome. I strongly recomend it to anyone who finds one and is considering buying it. It sounds great through any amp and all rock metal lovers will like it with a tad bit of distortion. I got mine for $800 Aus on sale, well worth it
    Octtwe88
    Just like the album? Thats effing awesome. I seriously want to find one of these.