Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Silverburst review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I play mostly metal, heavy rock, and some classic rock. The Les Paul has a nice chunk to it. The pickups gave out a little hum but nothing too big. I play through a Line 6 Spider II amp on insane and it sounds fantastic with my genres of music. It also has a very nice clean sound. It sounds sort of like Zakk Wylde's clean tone, at least for me.

If this was stolen, I would definately go and buy another. It's well worth it. I love the finish especially though. The silverburst is way different than your regular sunburst. I did compare the silverburst to the Epi Les Paul Standard, but I went with the silverburst (now it's only just 50 dollars more than the Standard). This guitar is definately worth the money.

You could probably take this guitar and throw it of 1000 ft. cliff, then sacrifice the fiddle to Pele in Hawaii by throwing it in a volcano and it still would be playable. I would definately use this guitar in a gig without a back up for sure. The strap buttons are very solid, and the finish looks like it won't be chipping anytime soon.

When my Silverburst arrived I was stoked to see the box. I pulled it out and I was amazed. Everything was set up very nicely. The action was set a little high, but no so high that it made a difference. The pick up height was perfect. The stock strings that came with it were strong, lasted me about a month with regular playing. Also, the finish is beautiful, as you can tell from the pictures.

With the same vaunted visual vibe of the original, this Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul has all the fixin's 5-ply top, back, and headstock binding; bound rosewood fretboard; split Diamond mother-of-pearl headstock inlay; and 4-ply pickguard. And it's got something special a brilliant silverburst finish set off by chrome hardware. Dual humbuckers on an alder top with mahogany back and set neck.

guitarmaster88
    the negative is that you'll find yourself tuning more often then usual, but sound is good, and i mean shes a beauty aint she ... love it
    PaperStSoapCo
    i haven't had to tune it in a while. but i don't play it everyday. it's not a big deal for me.
    PaperStSoapCo
    right now, with regular playing, the tuners are holding up pretty good. i guess it just needed some time for the strings to settle in and stretch. anyone looking at this guitar and thinking about lower tunings, i recommend Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom (Orange pack). I'm in drop D and its just perfect. give it a try.
    maidenfreak666
    dude i just bought one of these when i was wandering around my local guitar store with some money. i thought i was gonna go for a the epi standard and i saw this beautiful guitar staring at me with a sale sign on it for $499.99, looks like i stepped up in the world
    Dallinisrad
    i own this guitar and it is so nice. but yeah i have a problem with the third fret to! its annoying, but i still love this guitar
    tsoyguitar
    i got this guitar and OMG is it awesome. i dont know whether its the guitar or my playing the guitar that got me more girls.
    SaintsinneR82
    had mine for bout a month...im really pleased with it...im def switching out the PuPS for an emg active set...overall it sounds the way i want it to for now..lil bassy but over all i like it alot...neck is right guitar weighs pretty good...like i said for what i paid i love it its awesome...took the pick gaurd off cause it messes with the way i play(i anchor my pinky under the bridge pickup)but it looks better withgout it anyway..so yea overall ver happy with it
    MiniMoose22031
    ksmash5
    what would be the difference in the epiphone one and the regular one.. Is the sound really that much better or is it just so much more because there were less made?
    H, Omitted
    the original ones are very rare to find due to paint issues (the silver paint changed color in the sun and the paint was lead so it altered the tone of the guitar). even if someone finds one it costs an arm and a leg
    PaperStSoapCo
    MiniMoose22031 wrote: i've been looking for this guitar everywhere, but the only places i've seen it are online. is it worth the risk to get it online or should i wait untill i find it at a store?
    That's what I did. If you are not sure, just be prepared to send it back if you don't like it. But, I'm sure you will It is very much worth the risk, I assure you. I bought it without playing it and I've never been happier with a guitar.
    [B]C [R]ich
    PaperStSoapCo
    [B]C [R]ich wrote: limited edition? so does that mean there were only a certain number of these made? and if so, how many?
    At this point, seems like there is nothing "limited" about. I've had it for a year and it seems like more and more people are getting it everyday. I guess it was supposed to be limited, but it just became so popular, how could they only make a small amount of them?