Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93

This guitar is great for Jazz, Rock (classic), Blues, and I even play some country on it. I mostly play rock though and other songs that have a blues sound or just a clean sound but this guitar can do a ton but I also play all the other genre's listed above and it works well. With it I use the Line 6 Pocket POD and it sounds great and better than my other guitar using it but I have tried using it with the crappy amp my Squire came with and it sounds pretty good but usually I run the Pocket POD through our BOSE system and the sound cannot be beat. The guitar is never very noisy (unless you want it to be and it has a clean/ bright sound to it that sounds great. The guitar is great for what I use it with but the only thing it might not work with unless you have the Line 6 Insane amp/sound is metal. And it isn't very good at making a Strat's treble sound.

Overall this is a great guitar and I found this better over a Strat, Gibson 335, and a Normal Epiphone. I have been playin for a few years and this is just great! And if I lost it I would buy another! The only bad thing is that a case for it is rare and a case costs about $150 if you can find one. But if you are lookin' for a new guitar and you play stuff from the Eagles, John Mellencamp, Steve Miller, Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley and others you NEED to get this guitar.

This guitar is very durable and dependable and the finish I think will last forever and everything is great. And the finish is a great/bright Wine Red that looks great and I've hit it against a few things a no dents are on it. And everything on it seems like it was well crafted and someone took time and effort in it.

The guitar when I got it was perfect. (And it was shipped to my house through 6 states) Everything was great and it was already tuned! The only thing I had to do was plug it in and play. And the Wine Red finish and the Gold hardware looks great and really bright. Lets just say this guitar looks like it is worth over $1,000 or so.

Body Wood: Laminated Maple Top wood: Laminated Maple Scale Length: 24-3/4" Neck Joint: Glued In Neck Wood: Mahogany Fretboard: Rosewood Neck Shape: C Frets: 22 Nut Width: 1.68" Fretboard Radius: 12" Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic Tailpiece: Bigsby Pickups: three P-90 dog-ear single-coil Controls: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-way Tuners: Grover Hardware color: Gold Pickup selector: 3-way Toggle Finish: Polyurethane Included: cable and tuning Tool

josh.more
    MONSTA42 wrote: kroket666 wrote: whew nice,, thinkin about switching from metal to jazz when you see this baby Not an easy switch to make. Instead of putting fingers on at random and strumming wildly, you actually need to learn different keys and modes.
    obviously a highly informed musical opinion there seriously, appreciate all music, its all the same system, just applied differently, wether your playing a 12 bar, a 1,4,5 or a 2,5,1, its all chords in a set key so please think about what you say first
    AvernusAblaze
    oh yeah, coz thats what metal is... uninformed opinions, the suck more than the person that has them
    Moshmom
    xItsGilbertYox wrote: i really want to learn jazz. any advice?
    Try learning eastern exotic minor scales. jazz scales. use google
    JBender23
    So how well does this guitar stay in tune under heavy playing? This is my main issue, I'm thinking about selling all of my guitars so I can get a nice hollow or semi-hollow that stays in tune excellently (none of my guitars do) It's pretty frustrating.
    yamadawg
    Amazing guitar. Im trying to get the money to buy one right now. thanks for the review man love it.
    Hdog69
    Moshmom wrote: xItsGilbertYox wrote: i really want to learn jazz. any advice? Try learning eastern exotic minor scales. jazz scales. use google
    Yea do that those are great
    moonatblack
    Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker are metal....just to let you know.
    Lagunaguitar
    metal isn't JUST fingering random notes
    thewho65
    These things look f*cking amazing, and the price isn't that bad for all the glitz. I have yet to actually play one though.
    Hdog69
    Kurt1964 wrote: Music 123 sells an Epiphone hardshell case for about $89.00. i got one for my Wildkat (see my pics), it's a real close fit.
    Awsome thx
    Kurt1964
    kroket666
    whew nice,, thinkin about switching from metal to jazz when you see this baby
    Charlie4
    I started doing jazz and believe me it's challenging - if you don't like thinking you shouldn't do Jazz. Period. Also this is a good looking Epi and overall a good guitar to start playing blues/jazz.
    Hdog69
    Seriously like i said if you want a good guitar a play that kind of music you need to get it
    bacchus9745
    That is one of the most beatiful guitars I have every laid eyes on I would like to hear what it sounds like more than reading about it.
    .QOTSA.
    That's one of the nicest looking guitars I have seen on the home page review section!
    MONSTA42