Lynyrd Skynyrd Les Paul Goldtop review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Lynyrd Skynyrd Les Paul Goldtop

Purchased from: Palen

This guitar can make sounds from mo-town, to Santana, to Led Zeppelin and sounds great doing any. Seem's like it'd be all show but it is just as beautiful plugged in as it is as decoration.

I only play the good stuff, and owning this guitar is my miniature protest to all that "rock" and "new-metal" crap. This guitar is from the good old days of rock and roll. Southern rockers rejoice! This guitar will cover any les paul needs. Sweet Home Alabama will sound a little odd without a Strat, but this guitar will play GN'R, Led Zep, Alman Bros., and most Skynyrd as well as you can. If this thing was stolen I'd start shooting people. Plays as well the Gibson standards for normal purposes and I would have no qualms about taking it up in front of the crowd, because what little it lacks in sound it makes up for in style.

Well made and sturdy. All knobs and buttons are tightly secured. Dependable, but no idiot would go to a gig with 1 guitar, this thing begs to bend and your not doing it justice if you don't break a few strings. The finish will only get better with time.

Action was perfect, pickups were perfect. Bridge needed no adjustment. Some plastic shavings were still on the pick guard from the screw that goes through it, but wiped right off. The sticker on the pick guard left a barely noticable mark. The sticker on one of the back plastic panels left some residue. Selector Switch was a little loose. Finish is beautiful, faux-wear that will only look better with age. The decal on the back is beautiful.

Brand new, Korean Les Paul Standard, 22 frets with "Lynyrd Skynyrd" pearliod inlays. Solid top, mahogany neck, gold top. 3-way selector and independant controls for both pickups. Chrome Classic Alnico-V pickups, Vintage green key tuners, "Lynyrd Skynyrd 30 Years" decal on the back.

shotty_72
    im so lucky to have one, always thought the Gibson SG was the best guitar until i played this Les Paul, no contest, Les Paul all the way
    Croat
    i wanted to buy it but the fretboard inlays were just too much lol, i would get lost on it. rock on skynyrd fans!!!
    jamesy15
    What a coincidence! I was just randomly lookign thorugh reviews and found this while i was listening to skynryd themselves!
    Axis Of Evil
    I...want...one...now But I would never be able to play it. Kain_Doom01 had it right. It's a collectors item. And if I ever went to a Skynyrd Concert with backstage passes I'd have it signed.
    pinkfloyd420
    Yea it's an amazing guitar I played on up at Long & Mcquades and I could not put it down. I was in there for at least 2 hours with my friend while her dad was picking some stuff up. It goes great with a Line 6 Spider II, with a little bit of phaser on. As soon as I saw it i nearly creamed my shorts. NOW I'M GETING IT FOR X-MAS! WOOT WOOT!!
    Rocketboy
    In my mind this guitar blows away any Gibson. First of all it sounds amazing! looks outstanding and was the best playing guitar i've ever played. The action was better than a jackson RR1! It also says Lynyrd skynyrd so nothing else matters
    guitardude2012
    it's an awesome guitar. i got mine yesterday. it's used put it looks brand new! sounds aewsome and love thee vintage kluson style tuners!!
    stuart townsend
    my epiphone les pual standard plus through a peavey valve king and a vox tone lab ST seems to do the job ok, lynayrd skynyrd is my second favorite band after rolling stones, i play allot of skynyrd but the difference the gold top may not be worth the extra cost