Price paid: € 500
Purchased from: Smusic
Features — 10
- Body: mahogany
- Top: plain maple veneer
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck Profile: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: glued in at deep-set neck joint with "Axcess" heel
- Truss Rod: adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply (black/white); "MKH Les Paul Custom" in white
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Fingerboard inlay: pearloid block inlays
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut width: 1 7/8"
- Binding: Body Top - 7 ply (white/black), Headstock - 5 ply (white/black), Fingerboard - 1 ply (white)
- Pickups: EMG-707 (neck), EMG-81-7 (bridge) (pickups are powered by a 9 volt battery accessible on the back of guitar)
- Controls: Black Speed Knobs: neck volume, neck tone w/KillPot, bridge volume, bridge tone
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic-7/Stopbar
- Output Jack: heavy duty Epiphone 1/4" non-rotating
- Machine Heads: deluxe die-cast with black metal tulip buttons 14:1
- Color: ebony (gloss)
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 9.7 lbs
- Strings: D'Addario 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46, 56
Sound — 9
Perfect for progressive djent music. We are a dark metal band from Venice, Italy with extreme prog influences that bland together electronic and complex metal patterns. I use Randall 200w Combo and POD HD500X, sound very clear and polite... With a big range of frequency. Perfect for heavy distortion and synth sounds, I've connected to the guitar an extra midi pick up for use an external synth and some VST plugins. And the guitar is perfect with his different range of options on the pick up select.
Action, Fit & Finish — 10
No flaws and the fabric sets were perfect when I buy it! The pick up are extremely good very aggressive and the same time full of harmonics and the bass sounds are very full of frequencies. The black hardware is so shinny and is still perfect after I very abused of it on the stages. The guitar rarely loose their tunes also if hit the strings with volence and this is quite good when I mix the sound with the midi synth device! All the materials in the guitar is superior for the Epiphone Standard I give the highest vote for this guitar.
Reliability & Durability — 10
Great durability and performance during the last 2 years and live is perfect suit for my exigences. Designed in close collaboration with Matt Heafy, each Ltd. Ed. Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom reflects Heafy's distinctive approach to guitar, which has earned him and Trivium scores of dedicated fans around the world. The sound and performance is still good laso using different type of amplifier and effects. The scale length is 24. 75" and the ebony fingerboard has a 12" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets and features pearloid block inlays, which seem to practically glow in the dark against the Ebony finish.
Overall Impression — 10
Dark progressive music, with djent and extreme metal influences, I play from over 20 years, I have Cort 7 Extreme Evil and a Shecther Omen 8 strings guitar. For sure I suggest this guitar to everybody who loves 7 strings guitar and I would rebuy it if it was roberred. Is extremly light and powerfull and very easy to play. I've tried also a ESP Eclipse 407 but it was very heavy and the sound was too sharp. This seven-string is a breakthrough in contemporary metal and hard rock sound. And I f you think that is a limited edition guitar I suggest you to search for it and make it yours!