Nick Valensi Riviera P-94 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Nick Valensi Riviera P-94

This guitar suits my style perfectly, I play a lot of Strokes and indie rock. And this guitar nails those sounds I'm looking for. I use it with my Fender Hotrod Deville 410 and Jekyll And Hyde Overdrive, pretty much nick valensi's setup. It's very noisy with too much gain and it will feedback. So I keep it at a good level. This guitar is very versatile like I said, you can go from blues, jazz, rock and classic rock. As for punk and metal this guitar would probably be too noisy for that much distortion.

Overall this guitar is perfect for what I play. I've been playing for 4 years, and I own a bunch of other shit. If you wanna know just go to my profile. If this guitar were lost or stolen I'd be very sad. Also if it were stolen I'd track down the asshole who took it and beat his ass. Now if it were lost then f--k I'd have to save up again just to buy another. I love everything about this guitar, I have no complaints. Unlike the Elitist versions, I just wish they sold these in vintage sunburst as well.

This guitar is great for Live gigs, I'll always use this. the hardware is all chrome and seems like it will last for a longtime. Strap buttons were solid, but I replaced them with Dunlop straploks. I would recommend the same for you if you really wanna take care of this guitar. This guitar is very dependable, I've used it before without a backup and it's never failed me. The finish seems perfect, I really wouldn't worry about it wearing off or anything.

When I got this guitar it was setup up with low action and already well intonated. The pickups seemed seemed at a reasonable level. Only flaw was there was a crack on the finish on the side, like as if it got with a golf ball or something probably from the shipping. But it's all good I got 100 bucks back.

A modern rock monster! Nick Valensi, guitarist from the acclaimed New York band, "The Strokes" lends his name and approval to this all new Riviera. Previously only available in an "Elitist" version, this new Valensi bring affordable, professional performance to all with it's classic, semi-hollow design powered by Gibson P-94 pickups. Exactly like the one Nick plays, this guitar has high-output capable of plenty of "bite" yet enough response to allow for subtle nuances for enhanced dynamics. A modern classic!

qotsa1998
    ive been looking for one of these for a while. Epis had it up on their site for maybe a year now, but havent released it (?). either way, this one does look kinda ugly, as his is a bit more orange-colored. but right now, its between an Eastwood GP and this as my affordable dream guitar.
    guy_tebache
    Its not actually EXACTLY the same. The finish on nick's is a vintage woodgrain, whereas the one the is produced en masse by epiphone is a slightly more orangy colour like in the picture. It sucks I know. But I'm told that after a while the orange fades. I got a les paul atm, after I buy a strat this is the next guitar on my list.
    strokesguy
    thewho65 wrote: I don't see them on Musiciansfriend or anything but I seem them sometimes on Ebay (this standard model, not the Etilist one)
    actually they still have some elitist versions on musiciansfriend. or if you want the standard then go to sweetwater.com there only 700.
    thewho65
    crimson42
    I have a an epiphone that has the same body style AND i have the fender hot red deville amp that was mentioned in the article. the tone is AWESOME! the difference is that mine is black with a honey-gold sunburst on the front, back and on the neck. so for those of you who find the color on this one not too impressive you should look up the Epiphone Sheraton II (that's the one i have). This thing is perfect!
    fede01_8
    Frusciante30 wrote: Horrible colour.
    yeah. i think that white would be much better