Nick Valensi Riviera P-94 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Nick Valensi Riviera P-94

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound that this guitar makes in absolutly amazing. It is a very rich sound more on the acoustic side. (not saying it doen't work for ditortion) But if you are looking for a guitar that will produce a large large amount of distortion this guitar would not properly fit you. At the time I am playing this guitar through a Line 6 spider amp verison with the jekyll and overdrive pedal. I am planning on getting Valensi's amp very soon because his amp it what gives it a fifth of it's sound. A fifth is very important! This guitar is very noisy which really fits my playing style very well. I am the lead guitarist in my band so the noise works to my advantage. The only possible annoying thing is that if you try to put on a lot of ditortion is gives some feedback. Other than that there are no flaws.

I play more modern rock type music and my favortive band is by far The Strokes. Becuse of this the Nick Valensi Riviera is the perfect match. I have been playing guitar for around 4.75 years and will continue to play for the rest of my life. I own two other guitars. One is a weird guitar(rip off of a Strat) which I just keep to play here and there whenever I feel like it. Never use it in a gig. it's not the greatest guitar so I never really use it for anything else besides practicing. My other guitar is just a simple Epiphone Les Paul Standard which I use for thing that need a ton of ditortion. You only need that ocassionally when playing the style of music I play. I denfinatly like the riviera the best out of all of them. Now if this guitar was either lost or stolen first I would hunt down and... the theif and if it were lost I'd be very angry and sad. Either way I would get another one. What I love most about this guitar is it's ability to be played without an amp because of the fact that it's a semi-hollowbody guitar. I do not have any regrets on buying this instrument and I never will. Before buying this guitar I did compare it with others like the Casino and the Gibson ES-335 but chose this one first because of it's unique P-94 pickups and second becuase of it's awesome tailpeice. And The Strokes Rule... The Nick Valensi Riviera.

I have used this guitar in every Live gig ever since I've got, I've had no problems, and I expect none. Like I stated before the finish will defiatly last. The stap buttons were solidly put onto the guitar, but the strap occasionally came off. Because of this I have replaced the normal strap buttons with dunlock straplokers which turned out very well. I use a white Ernie Ball strap as as Valensi which doesn't look bad at all with the guitar's Orange finish.

The guitar looks like it was set up and built very carefully in the factory. The pickups were very carefully installed and fitted. The finish is the best part. It looks perfectly new even after 5 moths of ownership. It looks like it will last a while. Other than that there not really anything more you can say, Epiphone: Preformance is our passion.

The Nick Valensi Riviera is out! His great looking guitar perfect as the lead for the modern rock band the Strokes. He had had his guitar customized and has had it for a while. Now he has teamed up with Epiphone to make his own Elist version. My Riviera had to be a special order from sam Ash. It took around a month to ship but man was it worth it! This guitar has 22 frets and a playabilaty span of 19 frets, which make it easier to play than a lot of other guitars. This guitar is huge. It is a weird fit at first if you have never really played or owned a hollowbody before but it's a real comfortable fit once you get used to it. The body was made perfectly and the finish looks great. The color is acatually a bit more Orange than in the pictures online. Everyone has their preferences but personally I love the color. There are four knobs: 2 volume and 2 tones. The sond this guitar makes goes great with it's custom pickups. The pickups: P-94s sound fantastic. They give such an incredibly rich sound of which you are unlikley to find on other guitars. When I bought this guitar it did come with any accesories, just a cord. Knowing this I also orded a case from Epiphone that is supposed to fit the guitar. I planned correctly. The Riviera fit perfectly! Overall the features are great and I have no regrets on buying this guitar in any way.

F.A.D
    In respone to the one of the other comments, in time the finish does fade, i've had one for almost 2 years now. (The newest one, not the eltist) The once bright orange fades to a darkish cool orange, just like valensi's real one. After the 2 year wait it looks totally BADASS!!!
    Average Cabbage
    guy_tebache wrote: Its not actually EXACTLY the same. The finish on nick's is a vintage woodgrain, whereas the one the is produced en masse by epiphone is a slightly more orangy colour like in the picture. It sucks I know. But I'm told that after a while the orange fades. I got a les paul atm, after I buy a strat this is the next guitar on my list.
    I'm not sure that#s true though. Woodgrain would look much darker than it is. I have this guitar and what hsould i say, it's gorgeous. But I'd rather like to have a sunburst version of it. BUt those are very rare and are most likely 5 times the price of this version.