Pierced SG review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Epiphone: Pierced SG

Price paid: A$ 199

Purchased from: Internet

Sounds really grungy and hard rockish. Horrible clean sound. It has a nice amount of sustain on the neck pickup. Not very diverse though.

Overall I would not recommend this guitar. Its all about looks and I don't know why my father even bought it. I'm more of a death metal kind of guy and prefer RGs. This guitar is uncomfortable to Play as the neck is very heavy. But it is cheap and possibly better than other cheap guitars. If you suck at guitar and wanna look cool then this is the guitar for you.

It has shutdown on my the volume knob got dced. However its covered in dents so a great guitar to carry around. Strap button is on a horrible place so it feels uncomfortable. I wouldn't trust it in a gig as the electronics are tacky. Finish will last forever no doubt.

Action is fine. Pickups look cheap and tacky. It has an awesome finish so its worth buying if your looking for something to hang on your wall as art.

Its a standard cheap SG however it has a X in its body and dents all over it. 2 Control knobs and a 3 way selector switch.

swave75
    henza_x wrote: it looks like a cheap version of the goth sg, the pickups have no brackets, the headstock looks cheap, if you're writing this review with no other guitar to compare to, your opinions useless
    I agree.
    Louthesnakeman
    gibson--girl wrote: dude, one comment. the amp you're using gives it the cool distortion, not the guitar! and about the action... most are adjustable.
    not true. ofcourse your amp has it's influence but so do your pick ups. a cheap ass epiphone pick up will sound way different when using distortion than a seymour duncan sh-8 invader for example.
    Shornifier
    I admit, Epiphone does an amazing job of seducing beginning guitarists with cool looking guitars and over pricing them.
    RainboxFox
    I've had my Epiphone Peirced SG for 12 years from new now. I love it. It has seen better days after 12 years of regular use but it still plays and sounds good. It does indeed excel at distorted tones thanks to its dual open coil EMG humbucker pickups but when played clean it has deep and solid bass tones on the neck pickup. For the money it's a very solid entry level Epiphone that is a limited edition guitar. There is only so many of these. I find little to pick fault at when you consider how cheap it is compared to more premium priced guitars. If you also take into account that half of it's body has been chopped out for the X, the tone is way better than I would have expected. For it's price back when this was new I didnt find much else that packed significantly better looks, components or tone without costing more. I also favoured it for the dual cutaway SG style body as I couldnt find anything else with dual cutaways at the neck at the time without it costing more. True, this guitar is a bit bargain basement but I've loved mine for 12 years and counting. I'll never get rid of it. It's become a corner stone in my collection and still gets played on a regular basis through a Line 6 Spider 147 with 4x12 cab. There isn't much left of mine in stock form now however as I have repalced machine heads, pots, wiring, pickups etc over the years as I played it to death. I've managed to wear all the varnish of the entire back of the neck and where the X cutout is, the finish has been worn back to bare wood. Mine looks like It's been towed behind a car it in such a state but it's mine and I love it.