SG G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG G-400

OK I play a lot of harder sounding stuff like Parkway Drive, Asking Alexandria, Three Days Grace, AX7, A Day To Remember, a bunch of different types of music. All and all I love this guitar but just the guitar by its self with no distortion pedal or effects it can't get the hardcore sound you would want for bands like Parkway Drive and Asking Alexandria but this guitar dose great on it own it pretty much good for it all but with a distortion pedal this guitar is perfect. And it also sounds beautiful on clean. I really only use the treble pick up it sounds the best in my opinion but both pick ups are nice. I've had no problem keeping it tune and all the frets sound nice and clear. I use a sliver tone amp and a Fender Frontman neler of these amps are good by any means but it seems no mater what this guitar is plugged into it sounds great I've tried in prob 20 different amps all sound good.

I would say but this it feels great plays nicely I only have one thing I really just hate about this guitar it seems to be a little top heavy like when standing with the guitar if you completely let go the head stock flys down this guitar is not balanced at all I wish it was black instead of red but its really the only thing I wish was different other then the balance. Oh and this guitar looks and feels like it is worth a lot of money and is very good to just show off how pretty it is. Before I forget I had to replace the amp jack and reroute it to the bottom of the guitar cause the original on broke and there was a big hole in my guitar for awhile but now its fixed and my guitar looks custom and a lot cooler now so I'm kinda happy it happen it looks very cool and only cost me 50$ to get it fixed.

It doesn't take alot to hurt this guitar it very easy to ding it I leave a mark on it but that wont be a problem as long as you treat it nicely. I have a band and so for it can stand being played for hours without going out of tune so I'd say yes you can use it as a gig guitar the strap buttons are ok I recommend strap locks the finish is very very nice one this guitar it still looks new and the guitar is getting pretty old so good finish.

The pickup where perfect I didn't have a problem with the I had to lower the bridge and that's it everything else was perfect there was nothing wrong with it when I got it and it was at least 6 years old when I got it I've had I I've owned for 2 years and still just as good.

I have the 2002 made in Japan or China I'm not sure I can't remember. It has 22 jumbo frets with a solid mahogany body and a glued in set neck. But if your looking at this review I'm sure you know what this guitar has feature wise. I love love this guitar its very good for a first time learner or an advance player.