SG G-400 LE Maestro Tremolo review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG G-400 LE Maestro Tremolo

Purchased from: The Rock Shop - Christchurch, New Zealand

This guitar sounds amazing no matter what style you play. I play anything from Slipknot, Trivium and Job for a Cowboy, all the way to The Eagles, Peter Posa, Led Zeppelin and everything in between and it still sounds insane! I currently have it pluged into a Line 6 KB-37 Recording Interface, and that runs out to a Peavy PA System. For effects I just use the Standard effects that come with the GearBox software for the KB-37.

Overall, this guitar suit's the vast range of different styles I play, and it suit's them well. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years (self-taught) and I'm at the stage where I actually starting to get somewhere and learn some advanced songs, this guitar has been great to learn on. If it got stolen, I would probably cry as I haven't seen another one anywhere in any stores, but I would track it down and pay any price for it. If anyone has any more information about this guitar, like how 'Limited Edition' it actually is, or if you could point me to a site that has more info about it, leave me a comment or send me an email.

I've played using this guitar Live for the majority of my gigs and it holds strong. The tuners keep it in tune even with excessive use of the Maestro Tremolo. So far I've had no problems with any of the hardware and it seems like it's going to stay that way for a very long time. The strap buttons will hold all day and night long if you play standing relatively still, but, if your anything like me and you love to jump off things and move around alot, it might pay to put on some better buttons. The finish has stood it's test. I have accidentally bumped it into many things quite hard and it still hasn't marked the finish.

This guitar was perfect when I bought it, and it is still in good condition to this day. There is only one downside with the Gold Hardware, after time it starts to oxidize on the surface (this can be easily removed with a blow and polish with a cloth). Other than that it's a flawless beauty.

Made in Korea, Not sure what year, but I bought it Brand New in 2008. 22 Fret Rosewood Neck, Solid Top, Mahogany Neck and Body, Alpine White Finish, Double Cuttaway SG Body, Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Passive Electronics, 3 Volume and 1 Tone Control, 3-Way Pick-Up Selector, 3 Burstbucker Pickups, Non-Locking Grover Tuners.

craigfarner
    This is a great guitar great for all styles of music. It works great on Tony Iommi, GNR, Buckethead, and many other artists
    Peter.sze
    I bought this guitar two years ago and i say, i'm still impressed, what a good work they did with this guitar. I paid 300 in Musicstore Cologne and it was perfect set up, i never needed to change anything except the strings (9-42). The only thing i had to do is to fix the input after two years. What else to say? It sounds good, even on my s*** FAME amp. @ unregistered: Two weeks ago, I saw it in the Musicstore one more time. I heard, that it was sold out one time and they did a second run and i think now it is sold out again: http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Gitar... rren/Epiphone-SG-G-400-Maestro-Deluxe-EB-Limited-Edition-Ebo ny/art-GIT0017671-000