SG Prophecy Custom EX review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Prophecy Custom EX

Purchased from: Sam Ash Music Store

The sound can Switch between a good clean sound to a grunge sound, providing the perfect sound for any rock or metal song. It provides easy change in sound, and has volume like I've never seen. The Active Electronics give it an ultra-loud sound, but is easily manageable. It can go from one part of the music Spectrum to the other and back easily, but doesn't look too good when playing something like a southern or country song.

I play Punk music like Green Day and Metallica, and although I don't know a whole lot of songs just yet, what I do know how to play sounds just incredible. I have been playing, going on and off with lessons, for the past year regularly. I love the very cool look, and the perfect price, and is easily impressive to show off anywhere. If someone took this guitar, I would hunt them down like in Taken, killing everyone in my way, and if it was ever destroyed, I would buy it again without hesitation. I wouldn't choose any other guitar over this one, and I hope someone else can love this guitar as much as I do.

This guitar is perfectly stable and durable, while also maintaining a great look and a steady body. The material is very durable, and very tough. Even the fell of the guitar is very steady, with no loose parts, but I love this guitar too much not to bring a backup, just in case. The finish is plenty durable, along with the guitar, and overall satisfies.

The action on the guitar is great. The ebony fretboard and wooden neck make sliding easy, and transitions great and rewarding. The EBR 81/85's provide a great sound and a slim, cool black look and a great fitting look to match the guitar perfectly. The pickups don't need any adjustment at all, and I've had no problem what'soever with them.

I got this from Sam Ash, which has an amazing selection. I tried out tons of guitars, looking through les pauls, and many various electrics, not a lot standing out. This was my second guitar, and I wanted to choose right. When I picked this guitar up, the last one in stock, I knew I had found the guitar I was looking for.