SG Prophecy Custom EX review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Prophecy Custom EX

Price paid: C$ 399

Purchased from: Long And Mcquade

I use this guitar on my Peavy Vypyr 75. The EMG pickups are great for a variety of music, from classic rock to metal to songs which require clean sounds. The emg's are powerful, so this guitar is great for metal or hard rock. Set the pickup selector to the middle and it has a very nice clean tone.

My overall impression, I love it. I do not dislike anything about this guitar. I play a lot of rock and metal, and the EMG pickups on it are PERFECT for that music. If it were stolen, I WOULD buy this again, it is so amazing. I really love the neck on this thing, it is pretty thin so I can shred a lot more easily. I picked this guitar from 3 other guitars I was thinking about, which were the Ibanez RG350DX, Ibanez S420, Fender Standard Strat, but I fell in love with the SG Custom Prophecy. A must have.

So far I have not gigged with this guitar yet, but from playing it, I can easily tell this guitar would last a long 5 hour gig at the least.

The action on it is AMAZING! The pickups were adjusted just right.

Original price is around 600 dollars but I got it on sale for about 200 dollars off. It has a 24 fret neck, grover tuners, EMG pickups, one volume knob, one tone knob, and a 3 way pickup selector. The neck is nice and thin, perfect for shredding.

TheDealer
    @Toker420 Please don't judge a guitar by its name, it is like racism or judging a book by its cover.
    boredandlazy
    This is stupid as ****. Can we just review the guitar, please, without fighting about which brands are better?