SG Prophecy Custom EX review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Prophecy Custom EX

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I have been playing more Green Day over the last year, but have been finiding it easier and easier, but even when I liked to play green day, this guitar was perfect for rit, giving me a wide range of sounds, especially due to my amp being a Spider III 35 watt, giving me a lot of different sounds from country to metal. The sound on this guitar, with any amp, is much more full than most other guitars I've tried out. My friend has a Dean Vendetta, which is a $100 guitar, and I find myself a lot more satisfied with my guitar even compare to the $600-800 guitars.

I play Green Day, but have been starting to play more Metallica and Ozzy Osboure, but this is a perfect match for all these songs. I have been playing seriously for about a year, and this is just perfect. The only other gear I own is the Fender T-Bucket 300CE Dreadnought Acoustic Electric, but I have tried out many guitars, and I highly recommend this one. If I ever lost it, I would be dead, but I'd save up enough to get it again, no questions asked. I love the action, and the ability to bend and get a great distorted and clean sound so easily, but I hate the pickups position, only because I had picks that kept disintegrating so they would get all over the pickups and they were hard to clean. I chose this one because it felt right at the store, and it is definitely the right guitar for me.

I've only played one live gig, and it was at my school, and it was absolutely fine, but I can't really say much about that just yet, but from moving my guitar and constantly bringing it to friend's houses, it has been very durable, and has withstood the test of time perfectly. I picture myself keeping this guitar the rest of my life, just because of the durable finish, great sound, and the just amazing finish and design. The strap buttons are rock solid, its just my straps that have been a little faulty. Due to the fact that I only have a Fender T-Bucket 300CE Dreadnought Acoustic Electric, I wouldn't bring a backup just because of my lack of another guitar, but I will soon have an Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top, so after I get that, yes I will bring a backup. The finish on my guitar has held perfect, and as I see lots of finishes for other guitars that fade quickly, I'm glad I chose a guitar with a very tough finish, and it hasn't even begun to fade.

This guitar has had no problems up until a month ago, but I have had it for 3 years. I have had trouble with loose hardware and a faulty tone knob, but only recently, and my cords interfere more than the guitar itself. The pickups are perfect, I know a lot of people who try to upgrade their pickups, but I just never find myself feeling the need to. As far as flaws, this guitar is perfect, I picked it up at Sam Ash as their last one and it was flawless, and still is, with the exception of lot of scratches from my picks by the pickups.

A few years ago, I started to learn guitar, and I got this guitar at a great price at Sam Ash as my first guitar other than the Squier telecaster, which I barely used, and its lasted me since then, but because I had an arrogant teacher, I stopped playing for about two years, and I started up seriously a year ago. This guitar has active electronics, and is much louder than anything any of my friends have, and can go well past what you want. This specific guitar was made in 2008, and it has a translucent black finish, and the EMG 81/85 pickups are great for what I play, and have Grover Precision tuners that make it really easy to get the tuning you want and make it last. It has 25 jumbo frets, and came with a softshell case, but I'm going to pick up a hardshell next week. The switch is a three way switch giving you a full sound for the setting facing up towards you when playing, a good even sound in the middle, and more treble, and the body type is that of an SG.

OmarLopezRodrig
    this guitar owns!!i traded my fender blacktop for the sg prophecy and im way!!!happyer...this guitar is really screams in my fender hot rod deville 410 with an ocd pedal!the neck is like "butta!"people say this guitar iz for metal..true but this guitar sounds really crisp and clean for cleaner stuff for people that like to switch from clean to overdrive (me)i really don't know how people are judging this guitar just by the name?gibson and fender's lower end stuff is really shitty and infact ,some squire guitars are better than the mim fenders and some of the epiphone stuff sounds better than the lower end gibson.the name really doesn't matter and iv'e never gone to a show to check out if someone is using a gibson or an epi?
    iannii
    i just bought that guitar `cause it`s cheap, and i have an epi goth explorer and its a nice guitar when you mount it with emg. so i hope this guitar is as good as the review says. if you want to buy an epiphone, buy new and better pickups, then you can compare it with a gibson